Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Super Mom Card

Hi everyone! Just a quick card I wanted to show you today. I made a card for my husband's friend who wanted a card for Mother's Day to give to his wife. He wanted something fun that him and his kids can write in. He said that his wife likes Wonder Woman. Since there isn't a cartridge that has Wonder Woman, I wanted to be creative and find a way to make it look like it. So I spent a whole day figuring out what cartridges I can use to make the doll and then create the rest of the card the following day. Hope you all like it.

Wonder Woman

 To create Wonder Woman. This is what I did.
*First, I used my Paper Doll Cartridge to cut a paper doll at size 5.25. Then, I teared up the body parts to arrange it so it can fit the outfit. I cut the hair and lazo with the same cartridge. The lazo was size 3.
*Second, for the outfit, I used my Tie the Knot Cartridge and cut the corset as a shadow at size 4 or 5. I can't remember. I cut into two different colors so that I can create the bottom and top part of her outfit.
*Third, I then randomly cut gold cardstock to create headband, waistband, star and boots to complete the Wonder Woman's outfit.
 Then, I added the little details for the completion of Wonder Woman by adding stickles to make the wrist bracelets and lazo to stand out. I added some twine as well.
 For my sentiment, I used K. Andrews Of Mice & Lil Men Stamp set for my sentiment. The sentiment normally reads You're my Hero, since the card is from her husband and kids, I wanted to say "You're our Hero."

Of Mice & Lil Men


Click Here to purchase this set.





For the inside sentiment, I used K. Andews All in the Family Stamp Set for the Sentiment "Happy Mother's Day." 
All in the Family
K Andrew Designs
Click Here to purchase.

So let me know what you think? I did the best I could to make it look like it. LOL Please be sure to stop by tomorrow to check out another project. Thanks for stopping by.

Materials Used:
Red Card Stock
Echo Park: Hello Summer Theme Pack
BakersTwine
Stickles: Silver & gold
Tie the Knot Cartridge
Everyday Paper Dolls Cartridge
K. Andrews Stamp Set: Of Mice & Lil Men, All in the Family

Entering into the following challenges:
Cardz TV: Cricut Cardz Challenge #107: Create a Mother's Day color with any colors.
Exploring Cricut: "Celebrating Mother's Day!" : create a card, layout, or papercraft for Mother's Day.
Fantabulous Cricut: Challenge #110's Mother's Day: Make a project for your Mother, Grandmother or another special lady in your life using her favorite color. (ex. Mother, Grandmother, Sister, Aunt, etc.)
 

11 comments:

  1. This is super fun for the kids to give! Great job on putting it all together! I love how creative you go with the Paper Doll(s) cartridge. Great job! OMG, I LOVE that stamp set too!!! Have to have that one. The font is gorgeous!!!


    XO ~ Amy Jo (FCCB DT member & follower)
    http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com
    amyjrockstar at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patty your card is so cute and thanks for entering at Exploring Cricut this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That turned out so cute.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!!! You did an awesome job!! She looks just like Wonder Woman!!! Love it! Thank you so very much for joining our challenge at Exploring Cricut!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow bestie, This card is amazing!!You did a great job!! Love it!!

    Veronica
    mommyscraftycreations.blogspot.com
    mommyscraftycreations at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW this is such an awesome card!! This is why you are the Creative Diva!! You are so so Creative!!!

    Precious Hugs
    OmaGloria

    ReplyDelete
  7. GREAT job with your Mother's day card!Thank you for joining us over at FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun card, great job!
    Thank you for joining us at FCCB this week!
    http://scrapqueen141.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness..what a "wonder"ful card! Sorry...couldn't help myself! Very cute and very clever! Thanks for joining our challenge this week at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun card! Thanks for joining us at fccb!
    ♥ Cyndy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute, you did great with the challenge, thanks for joining CCC!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love reading your awesome comments. Have a wonderful day!