Saturday, May 5, 2012

Happy National Scrapbook Day!

Hi Everyone! Yay for the Weekend! Can you believe today is National Scrapbook Day! What will you be creating today. I hope to create some Layouts today! I wish I had a few people over, I think it would be more fun. Also, I wanted to say Happy Cinco de Mayo! I might enjoy making some Margaritas as I scrapbook. LOL

Onto my project today, next week is Teacher Appreciation Week. During the whole week, PTO will be providing a luncheon for us as well as the Principal and Assistant Principal of the school I work for. But, I work with two great Kinder Teachers. So to thank them for the great job they do and for the learning that I get from watching them, I wanted to create this adorable Gift Card Holder. What better gift to give than a Starbucks Gift Card. Especially, when you have those mornings when you just need something to wake you up. I really love how this project turned out. At first, I wanted to create a card but then somehow it turned into a 3-D Tea Pot Holder.

Teacher's Gift Tea Pot Holder

For the Tea Pot, I used the Everyday Pop Up Card Cartridge. I cut the Tea Pot at Size 3.5.
For my sentiment, it comes from the K. Andrews Fall-O-Ween Stamp Set. If you would like to purchase this set: click here.

K Andrew Designs

I added some cute flower embellishements. Around the bottom of the tea cup, I used American Crafts Ribbon Floral to match the flower theme. To purchase this ribbon, please head to Ginger Snap Scraps Online Store.

To hold the tea pot together, I cut out the another brown tea pot. Then, I took a strip of brown card stock measured at 4 x 3. Then I scored at 1.5 on each side. Now, I started gluing it together with sticky tape, but then I used the hot glue gun instead because it helps it hold longer.


I placed the Starbucks Gift Card in a clear plastic baggie. Then I created a tag to go with it.

Materials Used:
Pink, Brown, White Card Stock
Tim Holtz: Squeezed Lemonade Distress Ink ( can be purchased at Ginger Snap Scraps)
Everyday Pop Up Card Cartridge: Tea Pot Size 3.5
Flower Embellishment.
Bakers Twine ( can be purchased at Ginger Snap Scraps)
Starbucks Gift Card
 Entering into the Following Challenges:
Cooking with Cricut: #84 Teacher Appreciation Challenge
Have a great day everyone!

13 comments:

  1. beautiful job!! love the sentiment and love the tea pot shape!!
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute tea pot. Love the idea and the gift card is wonderful. Hope you are having a fabulous day my sweet friend.
    Hugs,
    Cindy Lou

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Great idea. BTW thanks for following my blog.

    http://mincedpaper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute project. Love the tea pot and the stamp. Thanks for joining us at CWC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute idea bestie!!

    Veronica
    mommyscraftycreations.blogspot.com
    mommyscraftycreations at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is terrific---the tea pot holder is adorable and so is the tag you used for the gift card!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your project, what a great idea! Thanks for joining us this week at Cooking With Cricut!
    Blessings,
    Jamie
    http://scrapqueen141.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute. At first I thought it was a tea bag in there, but the starbucks gift card is awesome! Even better :) Thanks for joining us at Cooking with Cricut!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is adorable, Patty! Thanks for linking up this week at Cooking With Cricut.

    ~ Jen, CWC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! Thanks for joining us at CWC! Also, I would love for you to join my link party and giveaway!
    http://www.jaihart.com/2012/05/sundays-are-lovely-9-giveaway.html

    SMiles, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just such a cute idea! Love it!
    Jessica
    CWC design team

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute idea. And you can't get better than a gift card. I'm sure a thoughtful gift like this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for sharing at CWC.
    Hugs,
    Larelyn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love reading your awesome comments. Have a wonderful day!