Monday, May 21, 2012

Ginger Snap Scraps: Around the House

Hi everyone! Thank you for stopping by today! Super excited to share with you a project today, some of the Ginger Snap Scraps Design Team Members and I will be showcasing a project that illustrates some of the products that can be found in the Ginger Snap Scraps Online Store.



Let's Begin! The Theme for today is called
"" Around the House"
 

Ever wonder what you can create with things that are laying around the house. It can be a kitchen sponge, egg carton, a pickle jar, or even a cereal box. But one thing for sure is that you can create just anything. For my project, I decided to use a Bread Crumbs Container as I realized after it was empty, I knew it can be turned into something. So I decided to create a cute piggy bank that can be served as a decoration for a baby shower. Hope you like it. As for the products I used for my project were Echo Park Hello Summer Theme Paper and American Crafts Ribbon. If you would like to purchase these items, please visit the Ginger Snap Scraps Online Store.

Piggy Bank Decoration

 I took a Bread Crumbs Container and took the Croc-dile and punch a hole on each side. I used some twine to measure each side just to make sure the holes are in the right place.
 Then I took two 6x6 sheets of Echo Park Paper and wrapped around the container.
 Then I decorated the container with American Crafts Ribbon and some baby embellishments. Then, I cut a slit on the lid for the money to be inserted. Now it is ready to be displayed on tables as a Baby Decoration for a baby shower.



To purchase some of the items I used and other items that you will be interested in.


Materials Used:
Bread Crumbs Container
American Crafts Ribbon
Pink Lace Ribbon
Echo Park "Hello Summer" Paper
Baby Embellishments

Alright everyone! Thank you for stopping by. Please be sure to hop over to Ginger Snap Scraps Blog to check out the other DT Ladies Amazing projects. I would also love for you to follow Ginger Snap Scraps.Have a fabulous day!

7 comments:

  1. Hey girl:) I hope you had a FUN weekend!! Super cool way to recycle those items that we would other wise throw away!! Super cute table decoration:) Have a fantastic weekend!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! What a fun way to recycle this container :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! Super cute!
    Miranda :)
    www.nanasscrapspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea!! Such a fun project...love that paper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! I agree with Cori - love that paper ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool Project. Love the paper.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  7. This came out really sweet. I love reusing things.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love reading your awesome comments. Have a wonderful day!