Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Die Cuttin Divas: Recipe Challenge

Welcome to Die Cuttin Divas Tuesday Challenge!

Happy Tuesday everyone! We love all the amazing projects everyone made last week. Now, we have a new challenge this week.

Our challenge this week is a....
Recipe:
Pearls, Pins, and/or punches



Sponsor: Crop Stop
Guest Diva: Karen from Little Scrap Pieces at http://littlescrappieces.blogspot.com/
 For my project, I wanted to create something that can be displayed in the office or home. Since in the past I have visited Hawaii. I wanted to make something that reminds of that. This will be great to give someone that just got back from Hawaii or headed there. Hope everyone likes it.

 "Aloha"
 I wanted to display a beach scene. So I decided to create some tear art by creating the sand and waves. For the sand, I inked the edges with Memento Ink. Then, I used to my cuttlebug to emboss the waves with the D'vine Swirl Folder. For the Palm Trees, I used my Seasonal Cartridge: Luau. Then, I used the recollections feathery to create the leaves. I also included some brads from the Eyelet Outlet and Brad Company.
 For my sentiment, I used my K. Andrews Splash-tastic Stamp Set. I love this set because it fit perfectly for this card.  If you liked this sentiment, definitely check out her store online to purchase this set.

Splash-tastic Stamp Set
K Andrew Designs
Click here to purchase this set.

 I scored some card stock to make the stand.

Hope you come by and visit the amazing projects the Design Team has made and also please check out their blogs and leave some love for them. We look forward to seeing what you will make.


Also, over at Getting Cricky, we have a Simply Sunday Challenge going on. In honor of Earth Day, we would like for you use an owl on your project and something Recycled.

Entering into the following challenges:
Fantabulous Cricut: Challenge #108: "On the Go" Make a project with a car, bike, train, plane, etc. 
My Craft Spot: Challenge #53: "Things that go" Make a card or other project: must include things that go, (bike, car, boat, etc.)

Materials Used:
Brown and Yellow-Orange Card Stock
Cuttlebug Folder: D'Vine Swirls,Swiss Dots
Momento Dew Points: Brown
Luau Seasonal Cartridge: Trees 1.5
Everyday Pop Up Card Cartridge: Airplane Size 2
Queen & Company Pearls: Brown, Ocean Blue 
Recollections Feathery
MS Crab Punch
Eyelet Outlet & Brad Company: Pineapple, Beach Chair

12 comments:

  1. Very cool!! I love how it stands up!! i emailled you already about the prima flowers!! Thanks again
    Kristan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card!! The beach is like heaven to me and I am so glad I stopped in today. I love the torn paper look for the beach and ocean. I really must try that!! Thanks so much for sharing your awesome idea! msmith38652@gmail.com
    http://michelescraftroom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fun card! Love the dimension and those cute little crabs! :-)

    Precious Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patty,

    Beautiful card, its gives me a great holiday feeling!
    Gerda
    http://cardscreatins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute idea! Love your beachy scene and all the activity going on. Congrats on your coordinator role at DCD, Patty!--Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card. Makes me wanna jump on that plane. Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB!

    Be blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card, love all the details. So glad you joined us for this challenge at the FCCB.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable, love the scene you created and those crabs are hilarious with their google eyes!!!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my your card is soooo CUTE!AWESOME job with it,I LOVE the sweet little crabs!Thank you for joining us over at FCCB this week!:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous card! The little scene you've created looks fantastic! I especially like the way you've added the sentiment. So creative!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot and at Fantabulous Cricut!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so awesome, Patty!! I love the scene you have created!! The torn paper for the sand and waves is so fabulous and I love the banner-carrying plane!! Just absolutely adorable...all of it!! :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your scene card is fabulous! I love those cute little crabs and that airplane is fantastic!
    Thanks for playing along at My Craft Spot this week!
    Candy
    http://candyscraftcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love reading your awesome comments. Have a wonderful day!