Thursday, April 5, 2012

Sympathy Card

Hi friends! I can't believe how quickly the weekend is approaching. This week has been great at work. Yesterday, I had my evaluation with the teacher I work with. She has said that I received outstanding marks for the great job I do. She also has mention that even the Principal of my school site mentioned that I do an amazing job and that Im amazing. To me, that means alot because it shows my hard work is being recognized. As always, I do my best to my ability to help students succeed and go above and beyond. And to hear those kind words motivates me even more to work harder. I've also been getting back on track with my workout routine which at times, I feel like I just don't want to workout. But, then I think about how Summer is will be quickly approaching. So I've been doing my Zumba workouts at home and doing Cardio at the College Track.

Anywho, enough about my week. Today, I want to showcase a card I made over the weekend for a friend of mine who requested a Sympathy Card. A dear teacher friend of hers has recently lost her husband of 60 years. And she wanted me to make a card that she can mail out to her. Wow, 60 years. It must be hard to say goodbye to your life long partner. But, I know that one day they will be reunited again. So I ponder as to what to create as this is my first Sympathy Card I have ever made. Of course I wanted to add a Mini Rosette to my card. As I struggled to make it perfectly, my bestie Veronica from Mommys Crafty Creations helped fixed my Rosette. (thank you bestie for the assistance) She also let me borrow one of her K. Andrews Stamp Set: Sympathy Sayings which can be purchased here at her site: Click Here. I can't believe what amazing sayings this stamp set has. It even has a saying for a friend who's pet has passed on. So if you would love to purchase this set, please check out Getting Cricky.

Without further ado, here is this Sympathy Card:

 Front of the Card: K. Andrews Sentiment Stamp says: "With Deepest Sympathy"




Using K. Andrews Sentiment Stamp Saying which is seen inside of the card reads: "Sending My Deepest Thoughts & Prayers"

Thank friends for visiting my blog today. I hope to get back in my craft room this week to hopefully work on some scrapbook layouts which I do missing doing at times. Have a great day friends.


Materials Used:
Recollections Card Stock: Cream Color and Blue/Gray Color
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder: Swiss Dots
Gold Ribbon
White Flower Embellishment
Gold Rhinestones

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card bestie! Your very welcome. You know im always here to help.


    Hugs,
    Veronica
    mommyscraftycreations.blogspot.com
    mommyscraftycreations at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pretty. these are the hardest cards to make and you did it beautifully

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patty ~ you did a wonderful job. Everything is just perfect.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and elegant card. I'm sure she is going to appreciate it. Sympathy cards are always so hard.

    Precious Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey congrats on your good evaluations---teachers don't get enough feedback, especially the good kind!!! :) (I'm a teacher, too!!) And your sympathy card looks very nice, clean & simple, the rosette is a nice focal point!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card, especially your rosette. So sad to here about a loss.

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!! beautiful card my friend!! Clean and simple!! Love it
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love reading your awesome comments. Have a wonderful day!