Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Lazy Days in Spring

Hi everyone! Hope everyone is having a fabulous week. Later today, the Kinder Class I work in will be taking a trip to the Farm. The students are super excited about seeing all the farm animals. I do hope it doesn't get to hot tomorrow but I know it will be a great day.

However, I wanted to showcase a card I made the other day. Since Spring time brings sunny days, it could also bring rainy days. Last Friday, we had a really bad rain storm. There was thunder and hail. But this week we have been have some nice weather. I made a cute card describing both rain and lazy days. LOL

Lazy Days in Spring 

 For my card, I decided to create some tear art for the grass and sand. Then I inked the beige card stock with Desert Sand Momento Ink.
 I used the Simply Charmed to cut out the clouds. The bigger cloud is measured at 1.5 and the other 2 mini clouds is measured at 1-1/4. Then, I inked the sides of the clouds with Ocean Blue Momento Ink. Then, I added some bakers twine and attached the sentiment "Lazy Days" using K. Andrews "Splash-tastic Summer Stamp Set. "

 I added this adorable beach chair laying by the sand on a rainy day. The brad comes from the Eyelet Outlet & Brad Company. I purchased these during the Scrapbook Expo.
I hope everyone loved checking out my card for today. It was fun to make. One more thing I would like to let you know, right now K. Andrews has a 20% discount at her store/site wide. This would be a great time to pick up a  set of K. Andrews Stamp Set of your choice. She has many great stamps set to choose from. Here is the code you can use for check out to take advantage of the 20% discount. The code is "letshavefun." Isn't that awesome! Please check out her stamp line. If you loved this stamp set I used today, then click here to purchase your set. Please, please, don't forget to use the code "letshavefun."Have a fabulous day everyone!


Entering into the following challenges: 
Fantabulous Cricut: April Showers: Make a project using an Umbrella, rain, or clouds on it.
My Craft Spot: Challenge #52: Make it pop.
Cardz TV: Cricut Cardz Challenge: April Showers: Create a card for any occasion using rain boots, umbrella, clouds, raindrops, puddles,etc. from any cartridge and using any colors you like.
Frosted Designs: Create a project that has to do with weather.
Pile it On: #16: Pop It Up
Go Fish Challenge: #15 Anything Goes


Materials Used:
Card Stock: White, Purple, Green
Simply Charmed: Clouds Size 1.5 & 1-1/4
Momento's Ink Dots
Pop Dots
Eyelet Outlet & Brad Company: Beach chair
K. Andrews Stamp Set:
Splash-tastic Summer Stamp Set
K Andrew Designs

19 comments:

  1. very nice and fun card!! The clouds and raindrops look very 3D. Great job with the tear art!! Thanks for sharing with us at Frosted Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow patty was our weather crazy or what!
    your card is really cute love the dimension of the clouds and the torn paper. thanks for sharing with us at cricutcardz :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute and you know I love their brads. I am looking forward to summer and just relaxing in a chair.

    Have fun on the trip. We have one in May.

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! Makes me want to sit out in the yard and relax. I also love how your garden came out:)TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card! I love the little lawn chair :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute, I love how you created a beach scene, your cloud faces are great! Thanks for joining CCC!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute card! I love those little clouds! Hope the field trip was a lot of fun! Thanks for joining us at CCC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card! I like the colors, cute clouds and tearing of the paper...very cool!'
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Also, thanks for joining us in the challenge at GoFish!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMGosh how cute is this card!!! Love the new blog look too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is cute! You created such a cute scene!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. cute card! I love the torn paper look and pop-dotted clouds! Thanks for sharing with us at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job...this is such a fun card! Love all of your elements and details. TFS Cathie
    www.creativecutterroom.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your clouds are great! Love the faces on them! Thanks for participating at Fantabulous Cricut’s Monday Challenge.
    Melissa
    FCCB DT
    scrappymacdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable Card. Thank you so much for joining us over at GoFish! Challenge . Hope to see you again.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card - love your cute clouds!
    Thanks for playing with us at Pile It On!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a CUTE card.. the clouds are DARLING!
    Thank You for joining us at PIO last week!!
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love reading your awesome comments. Have a wonderful day!