Sunday, April 22, 2012

Happy 6th Year Wedding Anniversary !

Happy Sunday everyone! Today is a special day for my husband and I as we celebrate our 6th year Wedding Anniversary. No matter what we go through sometimes, in the end we love each other. He is an amazing man who loves me very much but spoils me like crazy. Either way, I am happy and blessed to be able to spend another wonderful year with him. Therefore, this weekend we have been having a fabulous time celebrating. Yesterday, we went to the Griffith Observatory in Los Angeles. It was our first time there so it was very beautiful and educational. Even though it was daylight and we were not able to see stars. LOL We hope to return.. Here is a picture of our day.

Griffith Observatory in Los Angeles, Ca
April 21, 2012

Today, on our Anniversary, what better way to spend our day then to head over to the Happiest Place on Earth. Oh yeah! We will be heading to Disneyland in Anahiem, CA today. Super excited as it has been a very long time since we have gone. Especially since we haven't renewed our passes. But, hoping I get renew mine today. Either way, we are excited to go visit Mickey & his friends. We are like kids at heart. 

Ok, enough of me rambling on.. I would like to share with you a card that I will be giving my husband today.As you know, I love to craft which is my hobby. But for my husband, his hobby is video games. He grew up playing video games. So I thought, why won't I create a card of the first video game he played which was Super Mario Brothers. This card will illustrate Mario who will now be called Peter because that is my hubby's name. It will also have Peach Princess watching him from the hills. If you visited me on Friday for the Getting Cricky "Show your Style" blog hop, then you saw this shadow box frame I made for my husband, I will then include this card.

"Anniversary Card: Video Game Edition"
 For the hills, I used the George & Basic Shapes Cartridge and cut Cylinder Shapes and a rectangle for the brick.  Then, I embossed the hills, the brick, and heart with my cuttlebug folders: D'vine Swirls, Tiny Bubbles, & Swiss Dots.
 I used Simply Charmed to cut out the mushrooms as they are one of the many characters that is part of the game. For my sentiment, it comes from the K. Andrews Of Mice & Lil Men Stamp Set. If you would like to purchase this set: click here.


 For the characters, I used again my Simply Charmed Cartridge and cut the scarecrow for Mario a.k.a Peter & the Bride for Princess Peach. Then, I cut the colors to how they are suppose to look like.


 Inside of Card: "Happy  6th Yr Anniversary
using the K. Andrews All in the Family Stamp Set.If you would like to purchase this stamp set: click here..

So what do you think! Does it look a little bit from the game. I had so much fun creating it and look forward to finally giving it to my husband. Well, thanks for stopping by.. 

Materials Used: 
White Card Stock: 4-1/4 x 6
George & Basic Shapes Cartridge: Cylinders: 1& 1.5, Rectangle Size 1-1/4, 1.5 Square
Simply Charmed Cartridge: Bride Size 1, Scarecrow Size 1-1/4, Mushrooms Size 1, Clouds Size 1
Stickles: Cotton Candy, Yellow, Copper
Memento Ink Dots
Pop Dots
K. Andrews Stamp Sets:
All in the Family
K Andrew Designs
Of Mice & Lil Men
K Andrew Designs

9 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!! Super cute card and very creative!!
    Kristan

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy Anniversary. Love the colors and dimensions of this card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary!! What an adorable card!! Love all the texture! Have fun today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its a super cute card bestie! Im sure Peter will love it and will display it proudly at work. Happy Anniversay!!

    Hugs,
    Veronica
    mommyscraftycreations.blogspot.com
    mommyscraftycreations at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy anniversary love your card how funny and sweet. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg I love this card! my husband would love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy, happy anniversary, Patty!! It sounds like you and your hubby had a wonderful day :) This card is just so creative and amazing!! I'm sure he loved it...it's fabulous!! :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy anniversary!! what a fun card:) I love your frame you did too! great picture:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Patty

    Great card!! and congratulations to you're 6th wedding anniversary!!
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love reading your awesome comments. Have a wonderful day!