Saturday, April 14, 2012

Getting Cricky Stamp Sale Promo Week

Hi everyone! Before I begin to showcase a great card I have for you today, I would like to begin to say how excited I am to be on the Getting Cricky Design Team. I look forward to showcasing one of the many great stamps that Kristal Andrews has. As you know, every set of stamps that you purchase will benefit a charity. As Kristal Andrews states: "At least $1 from the sale of every single stamp set goes to every well deserved charity. " Doesn't that sound wonderful. So after you have checked out my project for today, I would love for you to visit her shop online to check out the amazing stamps.

Therefore, let's begin. This week, we are  having a great Stamp Sale Promo Week which will be leading to a great Blog Hop we have planned for Friday, April 20th at Getting Cricky. Each of the Getting Cricky Design Team Members will be showcasing one of the many K. Andews Stamp Sets. The stamp set that I selected to showcase today is one of K. Andrews newest stamp set: All in the Family. I purchased this stamp set because it is perfect for cards, layouts, or gifts where you can stamp the the Family sayings such as Mother, Father, and so on.

For my project today, I made a card for my younger sister. She started her first new job this week at my dad's workplace. What better way to congratulate her and wish her the best on her new job then to make her a wonderful card. From the All in the Family Stamp set, the sentiment will read "Best wishes on your New Job."

Celebration Card

 The two colors I chose were purple and gray since they are my sister's favorite colors.
 This card is measured at 4-1/4 x 5-1/4.
 I did some tear art on Olive Green Card Stock to create the grass.
I used Mini Monsters Cartridge to cut the Street Sign where I placed the All in the Family Sentiment.
 For the Street Light, I placed a piece of yellow paper on the back of the Street Light to show it turned on. Then, I place translucent paper on the street light to make it surreal. I also wanted to add a Hot Air Balloon from the Everyday Pop Up Cartridge. I embossed it with the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug Folder.
 For the background of the card, I used the D'vine Swirls to make us imagine clouds swirling through the sky.

I hope everyone loved checking out my card for today. It was fun to make. I know my sister will love it. I am proud of her for the great accomplishments she has done so far in her life. She is making me, her big sister so proud. I love her very much.

One more thing I would like to let you know, right now K. Andrews has a 20% discount at her store/site wide. This would be a great time to pick up a  set of K. Andrews Stamp Set of your choice. She has many great stamps set to choose from. Here is the code you can use for check out to take advantage of the 20% discount. The code is "letshavefun." Isn't that awesome! Please check out her stamp line. If you loved this stamp set I used today, then click here to purchase your set. Please, please, don't forget to use the code "letshavefun."Have a fabulous day everyone! Be sure to visit each day as the Design Team will be showcasing their favorite stamp set.


Materials Used:
Card Stock: Purple, Gray
Mini Monsters: Streetlight Size 4
Everyday Pop Up Card: Balloon Size 2.5
Twine: Purple Stripe
Cuttlebug Folder: Swiss Dots, D'vine Swirls
Stampin Up Ink Dots: Rasberry
Pop Dots
K. Andrews Stamp Set:
K Andrew Designs

10 comments:

  1. Fabulous card!! I love all the elements.

    Be blesssed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Love the sentiment and the font! I can't wait to get this set!

    Precious Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely gorgeous, Patty!! I love the colors and design!! Your sister will treasure it :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts
    Getting Cricky DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card. You did a faboulous job! The embossing is a nice touch. Welcome to the team!

    Christel
    GCDT Member
    http://onescrappinsista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card- I love how you put those cuts together- the scene you created looks awesome! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! I love the sign!
    Miranda :)
    Getting Cricky DT
    www.nanasscrapspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome card!! I really love the street lamp & the paper tearing!

    Diana :)
    Getting Cricky DT Sister
    leeleecarddesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just beautiful. Love the color combination!

    Patti Ross
    DT Sister
    www.pattilynncreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just beautiful. Love the color combination!

    Patti Ross
    DT Sister
    www.pattilynncreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love reading your awesome comments. Have a wonderful day!