Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Cricut's Birthday Message

Hi everyone! I can't believe it's suppose to rain today in Cali. We have been having some wonderful weather these past few days and now for the rain to come. Oh well, we will make the best of it. This Friday, one of my sister-n-laws celebrates her birthday. When I asked her what kind of card she wanted me to make her, she wanted something with a Cricket on it. So I wanted to choose one the of the Cricut heads from the Cricut E2 Pre-loaded Cricut Decals Cartridge and chose one of him holding a guitar. Since my sister-n-law loves playing her guitar, I thought this would be perfect. For my sentiment, I also used my K. Andrews Splash-tastic Summer  Stamp set. Since this set didn't have the word "birthday," I decided to take some of the sayings and put them together to create the word "birthday." For more information about this stamp set and many others then be sure to click here.

Happy Birthday Card

 I really love the effect the Cricut takes when it's embossed with the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug Folder. Then, I used a Versa Magic Chalk Ink: Spanish Olive to ink all around the edges of the paper. I also needed to emboss the guitar with the D'vine Swirls to make it realistic.
 For the strings on the guitar, I added Red Stripe Twine to give the guitar some effect.
 I used a Daffodil Color Ribbon from 3 Girls Jam. Then I stamped the sentiment "Stopping by to say" which comes from K. Andrews Splash-tastic Stamp Set.

 Using my K. Andrews Stamp Set: Splash-Tastic Summer, I stamped the inside with the sentiment that reads "wishing you a happy birthday."


To purchase this stamp set: Click Here.

Entering into the Following Challenges:
Fantabulous Cricut: Ch #106: Buttons & Bows: Make a project with at least one button and bow on it.
My Craft Spot: Ch #51 Inside & Out: Include sentiment inside & outside of card.
Scrappy Frogs Challenge: Shape Up Challenge: Create a shaped card.

Isn't Cricut just rockin out that guitar. He is definitely looking cool. I know my sister-n-law is going to love this card. Be sure to stop by again in the next day or so to check out another card or project I will be making.

Materials Used;
Turquoise & White Card Stock
Winter Woodland Cartridge: Snowflake Shadow Size 5.5 for the card
Cricut Decals Pre-Loaded Cartridge: Cricut Head with Guitar Size 5 pg 42
Cuttlebug  Folder: D'vine  Swirls, Swiss Dots
Versa Magic Chalk Ink: Spanish Olive 
3 Girls Jam Ribbon: Daffadoil
Green Button
Red Stripe Twine
Googly Eyes
K. Andrews Stamp Set:
Splash-tastic Summer
K Andrew Designs

17 comments:

  1. this is really a cute card love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is really a cute card love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is really a cute card love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this must be the cutest Cricut card ever! I love his buggy eyes and all the embossing you did. The inking around the edges really adds nice dimension.

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosh your card is fabulous!! Love all the embossing!!

    Precious Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute rockin' frog card. My 2 fav embossing folders are Swiss Dots & D'vine Swirl. My Swiss Dots has smaller dots than those on your cute rockin' frog. First thought you had used Spots & Dots embossing folder but that has circles in the circles so now I'm not sure what it is. Anyway it is cute nonetheless.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Patty ~ Your card is fabulous, love, love the way you embossed it and the guitar is awesome. The shape of the card is wonderful.
    Have a fabulous evening.
    Big Hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Patty, Where did you find that cute guy, I love him so much!!! What a cute card!!
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great card, Patty. Love your cricut guy! Adorable!--Par

    ReplyDelete
  10. Im sure your sister in law is going to LOVE it! It looks awesome!
    thanks for playing with us at fccb!
    ♥ Cyndy

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a fun card. Your Sister-in-law will love it x

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is absolutely adorable!! I love the googly eyes and the twine for the strings is so creative and fabulous!! I love the distressing!! Awesome card, Patty :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey girlie:) OMG!! the cricket is just too CUTE and love the polka dots embossing and OMG the guitar is fun with that twine! Very cute card and love that shape!!
    Enjoy your weekend!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMGoodness, this is seriously cute!!! I LOVE all the awesome details...the embossing, the google eyes, the inking! Wow, I just love it! Thanks so much for joining us at FCCB. So happy you shared your adorable card with us! ;)

    XO ~ Amy Jo (FCCB DT member & follower)
    http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com
    amyjrockstar at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely adorable, love the cricket guy! Great work! Thank you for joining us at FCCB this week!
    http://scrapqueen141.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Now that's one cute Cricut! What a fun card! Thanks for joining our challenge this week at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super cute cricut card!
    Thanks for playing along at My Craft Spot this week!
    Candy
    http://candyscraftcorner.blogspsot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love reading your awesome comments. Have a wonderful day!