Friday, March 30, 2012

Who wants Birthday Cake?

Happy Friday everyone! Yay! Im happy to finally get my weekend started. Later in the morning, my husband and I will be meeting up with my husband's co-workers to watch the movie "The Hunger Games!" Now, unfortunately I haven't read the book, but maybe I will have to now. Either way, I'm really excited to go watch it. So many fun things planned for me this weekend. On Saturday, I will be attending a Stampin Up Event called "Mommy and Me Card Class hosted by my fellow Die Cuttin Divas DT Member Nikki from Creations by Mommy. Since I am not a mom, I still wanted to attend. So I decided to take my niece Briana who is 8 years old and also love to join me sometimes in my craft room to make cards. So I call it an Auntie and Niece Day! Then on Sunday, I will be having a Craft Day at my house where my BFF's will be coming by to craft on anything they like. Wow! This shows how much I will be doing. One day, I do want to have a Crop Day for Blogger Friends who are in town or live locally. So we will see! I will start looking into that and let you all know. Alright, enough chit chatting, let's get to the card that I would love to showcase to you.

A week ago, one of my friends recently celebrated her birthday! I thought that it would be nice to mail out a card to her. My idea behind this card is that I wanted to create something not related to the cricut. I hope everyone likes it.

Birthday Card

 For my card, I used this beautiful Stampin Up Designer Paper. Then, I added some brown wood paper which describes the floor.

Then, I decided to create a table setting showcasing a Birthday Cake brad from the Eyelet Outlet Company.


 Then, I created this fun chandelier hanging above the dining table.


 After, I stamped a cat image onto white card stock. And I cut around it and placed it on top. Then I stamped the sentiment  of my card with My Pink Stamper: Sweet Goodness Stamp Set.


Materials Used:
Grey & Blue Card Stock
Stampin Up Paper
Cat Stamp
My Pink Stamper Sweet Goodness Stamp Set
Eyelet Outlet Company & Brad: Cake


That's it! I know my friend was probably happy when it arrived in the mail. May everyone have a fabulous weekend.

7 comments:

  1. Love your birthday card you made for you friend. The cake brad is awesome and I love how you did everything without the cricut. The cat is adorable. Sounds like you are going to have some fun days crafting. Yes a blogger friend get together, would be sooooo much fun.
    Have a fantastic Friday!!!!!!
    Hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card and what a fun look to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute!

    Hope you will stop by our Embossing Hop today.
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! thanks for stopping in to my blog on the Carson's Creations Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! girl this card is fantastic and LOVE the whole scene too CUTEEEE.. your friend will love this card!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! Your niece was so adorable and I hope she had a great time and did I with you ladies!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love reading your awesome comments. Have a wonderful day!