Friday, March 9, 2012

St. Patty's Day Lucky Treats

Hi friends! Last night, I was in the mood for baking. So I decided to browse through the Blogging world for some fun challenges that focus on Saint Patrick's Day! Therefore, I decided to bake some yummy cupcakes and decorate them for St. Patrick's Day. But, since my name is Patty. I gave them the name: "St. Patty's Day Lucky Treats."

Now, I made cupcakes the quick way which is purchasing a cake box. But, I hope I can find some time to learn how to make them from scratch just like "Cupcake Wars." I did follow the recipe from the Powdered Sugar to make Buttercream Frosting. Here are the yummy cupcakes I made. Hope you all like them.

St. Patty's Day Lucky Treats


I purchased a bag of coconut at the Dollar Tree store.  I took about 1 to 2 cups of coconut and poured it into a baking dish. Then, I made sure the oven was turned on to 350 degrees and let it bake between 5 to 10 minutes until it is golden brown. Be sure to stir around so everything can get toasty. Then, I placed a small amount on each cupcake with a touch of green coconut.
I took 1 cup of coconut, 1 tsp of water, & 3 drops of green food coloring. I placed it in a Tupperware container and shake it rapidly. Then I placed it on the frosting to make it look like grass. Then, I added the pot of gold sitting on top of the grass ready for the Leprechaun to catch his gold.
 I used my Simply Charmed cartridge to cut the Leprechaun image on page 32 at the size of 35 I then taped it to a lollipop stick. Then I attached a gold coin that said "Get Lucky!" I also cut out the Pot of Gold on page 35 at the size of 2.5.






Materials Used:
Simply Charmed Cartridge: Leprechaun1 Size 3.5, Pot of Gold Size 2.5
Gold Coins
Lollipop sticks, toothpicks
Bag of coconut
Food Coloring
Cupcake Cups, Cake Mix, Powder Sugar for frosting

Now, these cupcakes would be perfect for a Saint Patrick's Day Party or to bring some luck to a friend by eating a yummy lucky cupcake. Thank you for stopping by. Have a great Friday everyone!



Entering into the Following Challenges:
Decorate to Celebrate: St. Patrick's Day Party
Fantabulous Cricut: #101- Luck of the Irish: Make a project using a Shamrock or the color green.
Scrappy Moms Stamps: Terrific Tuesday Challenge: St. Patrick's Day: Any St. Patrick's Day project.

18 comments:

  1. These are super yummy looking. How much fun. Did you make some for your students? I can see them licking their lips already. : )

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coconut is my favorite and what you did with, these look fabulous. Thanks for joining us at the FCCB.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is soooo SWEET and YUMMY!BEAUTIFUL job with your St patrick's day cupcakes!Thanks for joining us over at FCCB this week!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are so super cute love all the details thank you for joining on the st pat challenge at decorate to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love them. Might have to.copy your idea and make some for work

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are adorable. Thanks for playing along with us at Decorate to Celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So super cute. Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB!

    Be blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so adorable, Patty, and they look yummy!! I would love one right now :) What awesome St. Patrick's Day treats!! Thanks so much for playing along at Decorate to Celebrate!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts
    Decorate to Celebrate DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, do these look yummy! These cupcakes are dressed up so cute for St Patricks Day! TFS! Also, thanks for joining us in the challenge at FCCB!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness these are so cute!!! I love your cupcake toppers and the cupcakes look delicious! Really adorable! Thanks for playing at Decorate to Celebrate!
    :)Amy
    Amy's Crafting Space
    Decorate To Celebrate Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete
  11. How adorable!! What a great way to decorate cupcakes!! Great job!!


    Amanda
    cricktncrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you everyone! They were fun to make and yummy to eat.

    If everyone lived close, I would give everyone one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG! Patty love the cupcake toppers. You did a great job. I could go for a cupcake now, morning, noon or night it doesn't matter when there are cupcakes around. YAY!
    Hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are so, so cute!! I love the sweet images from Simply Charmed. Those cupcakes look fabulous!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fantabulous Cricut!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are absolutely adorable, what cute toppers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. YUMMY!! I love the decorations on those yummy cupcakes girlie!! Great job:) I love watching Cupcake Wars too :)
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love reading your awesome comments. Have a wonderful day!