Thursday, March 15, 2012

Roar! The Circus is in town!

Happy Thursday everyone! I am officially on Spring Break. We start our one week vacation and return back to work the last week of March. I'm ready for some fun and relaxation. This Sunday, my husband and I will be taking a mini trip to Vegas so we are super excited. Plus, I also look forward to doing some crafting.

Anyways, enough about me. I got to spend sometime in my craft room as I listen to Pandora crafting. Here is this cute and fun 3-D Circus Train carrying a fearless Lion. Well not so fearless, I believe he is adorable. As I started to make this, I wasn't sure if I wanted it to be part of a card, but then I realize that wouldn't it be fun if it was 3-D. Even my husband loved how it turned out. Let me know what you think.

3-D Circus Lion

 To create this 3-D Circus Cart: I used the Everyday Pop Up Cards Cartridge where I cut out the Circus Cart at 4. I cut at least 2 of the first layer of the cart for the front and back cart. (Hope that made sense). Then, I used my Create a Critter Cartridge to cut out the Lion at Size 2. I used several pieces of blue paper and glued it to the sides and bottom of the cart for it too look 3-D. Then, I folded some paper for tabs to hold the lion. Once the lion was placed in the cart, I then added some doors to both side which were created with card stock. I added some Black Pearls as they represent the door handles.


 Then of course, I added some Prima Flowers to the cart.





Materials Used:
Create a Critter Cartridge: Lion Size 2
Everyday Pop Up Cards Cartridge: Circus p.66 Size 4
Prima Flowers
Black Pearls, Brown Pearls
Stickles
Pop Up Dots
Card Stock

Entering in the Following Challenge:
Fantabulous Cricut: Challenge #102: "In Like a Lion" Make a project with a Cat, Tiger, Lion, etc. 

Thank you for stopping by! Have a great day everyone!

 

22 comments:

  1. Very cute! The 3D take is awesome. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely darling--love the flowers that you added. So glad you joined us at FCCB this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your take on the circus theme, I just put up something using some of the same cartridge! Check me out at:
    http://carla-writes.blogspot.com/2012/03/circus-pop-ups-with-graphic-45-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute! I love the 3D circus car. Very creative. Thanks for joining in at FCCB.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, Patty. That is super adorable! Love your lion in the cage. Very nice!--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute! Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB!

    Be blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply adorable. Love this creation. Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! Patty ~ your lion in the circus train car is way to cute! I love it. You did a fantastic job. I see lots of crafting on spring break. YAY!
    Have a fabulous weekend, oh I mean week my dear friend.
    Hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow this is just too cool love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so creative and fabulous, Patty!! I love the circus cart!! You are so clever...this is awesome :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  11. So stinking cute!!!! LOVE IT!!!

    Crafty Hugs,
    Jessica
    www.craftinandstampin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is so stinking cute!! for some reason it reminded me of one of the attractions at disneyland! its sooo adorable :) thank you for joining us at fccb!
    ♥ Cyndy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE your 3D project!! So stinken adorable!!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! This is super impressive. I just love that you made a cage to keep your card. This would be a perfect gift set.

    I need to expand and try to make some 3D projects. Where do you keep all of them once you make them? I don't think I have enough room.

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG! I love this! Your details are perfect! Thanks so much for joining us at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So totally adorable.
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohhh, this is such an adorable project! What a fun idea - and it worked out so well for you! I especially like the colour combination. It's fabulous!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fantabulous Cricut!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this, so fun! Great project! Thank you for joining us at FCCB this week!
    http://scrapqueen141.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is really cute and looks like it was a ton of fun to create! Congrats on making our Top 5 at FCCB!

    XO ~ Amy Jo (FCCB DT member & follower)
    http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com
    amyjrockstar at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love reading your awesome comments. Have a wonderful day!