Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Born To Rock Birthday Card

Happy Leap Year Everyone! Wow, I can't believe how quickly February is ending and March is quickly approaching. Last night, my brother who is 2 years younger than me wanted to come over my house to teach him how to make a handmade card for his girlfriend. I told him, "Sure thing, come over and let's see what we can put together." You can say, it was definitely an adventure brainstorming the card he wanted to create. Of course my sweet brother had fun taking out all the cartridges and deciding which two he wanted, but leaving the rest of the cartridges laying out.LOL So you can just imagine what my craft room looks like now, which I decided to clean up later. Anywho, my brother came acrooss this great idea to create a card showcasing a doll with a great wardrobe of fabulous outfits that can be interchangable. He selected several outfits from the cartridge: Paper Dress Up Dolls and he added velcro to each outfit so that his girlfriend can change the outfit on the doll. What a smart idea. My sister-n-law who is my husband's sister was also there helping my brother give him ideas of what outfits he might want to select. Either way, I can say it was a group effort but overall, my brother made this card. I of course added the image for the front of the card using Rock Princess Cartridge. I know my brother's girlfriend will love the card he made her. Especially, because it was made by him and not by me. I was only there to guide him and supervise what he was doing.




Materials Used:
Purple Card Stock: 4.5 x 5-3/4
Stampin Up Card Stock paper 4 x 5.5
Rock Princess Cartridge: Nora size 3.5
Paper Dress Up Dolls Cartridge: Body Size 2.5, Prom Dress, Indian Dress, Pixie Dress, Dress-Size 2.5
Twine, White Jelly Roll Pen, Tiny Clothespin
Crafty Sprouts: Are you Ready to Rock Set
Circle Punch: 1-3/4


Thank you everyone for stopping by and checking out my brother's card. My day has been so busy that I apologize for not posting the winners yet for the blog hops of this weekend. I promise to post them as soon as Im able to. Thank you again and see you all soon.

6 comments:

  1. Hey girlie:) OMG! how fun and what a fabulous card and idea for sure:) Love the paper choice and love the signature on the back very cute!!! How was the Scrapbook Expo?
    Hugs
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute card became a follower of mr linky hope you will do the same for me. thanks and hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card, your brother did an awesome job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like the Rock On & Another Bday cards.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love reading your awesome comments. Have a wonderful day!