Friday, December 16, 2011

"Getting Cricky "Snow Much Fun" Blog Hop"

Welcome to the "Snow Much Fun" Getting Cricky Blog Hop!!

We're so happy you could join us for this month's Getting Cricky Design Team Blog Hop!!  In addition to Kristal and the Senior Design Team, we look forward to introducing you to the rest of our NEW Junior Design Team (be sure to visit Kristal's Blog to see ALL of our "new additions"!!)...  Each of us, along with our Special Guest - Patty from "Creative Diva", are so pleased to have you here with us!!  Throughout the hop, you'll see NEW ideas for creating cards and projects with Kristal's stamps sets!!

If you've hopped along from Kristals Blog then you are in the right place!! If you are just joining me from your dashboard, or reading this via email, please be sure to CLICK HERE to start at the beginning with Kristal's blog (you'll want to catch up on all the FUN!!)...

Each of Kristal's stamp sets benefit charity. At least $1 per stamp set goes to benefit the charity noted on the stamp set package. Kristal is donating to the following charities: Cancer Angels, Storefront Shelter for Homeless Children, Intrepid & Fallen Heroes, E. Glaser Pediatric AIDS  Foundation, Doorways Shelter for Women & Children (Domestic Violence), Wayside House for Women, Camp Good Days & Special Times, Adopt a Classroom, and Autism Research Institute. Kristal will donate $1 for every stamp set sold, retail or wholesale to the charity noted; and over time believes this will add up to some wonderful miracles for these special people. So you can feel good that each time you purchase a K Andrew Designs art stamp set, someone around the country is receiving some good help!

K Andrew's stamps are all made and assembled here in the USA, which is very important to Kristal. This ensures all product materials are safe and that jobs are being provided and maintained here in America.  You can learn even more about Kristal's stamps (and pick some up for yourself) by visiting her online store: K Andrew Designs:







Kristal's stamp sets are perfect for cards, layouts, and so much more...

For my project, I'm featuring the Splashtastic Summer Stamp Set.  For more details or to make this set YOURS, please click on the preview:

Splashtastic Summer
K Andrew Designs

Before I begin to introduce my project, I would like to begin by thanking Kristal for having me as a Featured Guest Blogger.I truly feel honored and excited to participate in this hop. I have loved using Getting Cricky Stamp sets as I enjoy playing around with the words and seeing what I can build with them. For my project, I wanted to create a Snow Sentational Treat for kids and adults for the Winter Holiday Season. Two months ago,I attended the Scrapbook Expo in Ontario, CA and took one of the workshops which was called The Buzz Chics where I learned different card techniques. There is one that I really enjoyed making which worked perfectly for this hop.

Steps for "Treat Holder"
First: Cut Teal card stock at 10-1/4 x 3-1/4. 
Second: Cut Snowflake Paper from Recollections Christmas Pack measured at 10 x 3 and adhere to the teal strip.
Third: With the Snowflake paper facing down, score at 3", 3-3/8", 6-3/8", 6-3/4", and 9.5"
Fourth: Pre-fold at all score marks.
Fifth: Punch 1st 3" section with 1-3/4 punch, centered. (I didn't have that punch but I manually cut a circle out.)
Sixth: Adhere treat to inside back of card with glue dot. As for mine, I placed a Snowman Cookie inside a mini bag.)
Seventh: Fold punched side over; adhere with stacked glue dots.
Eighth: Fold front over top of candy.
Ninth: I cut a tag from Winter Frolic Cartridge: Snowman2 page 29 at size 2. 
Tenth: Then, I used Getting Cricky Splashtastic Summer Stamp Set and put together words to make it say, "Wishing you a Snow Day." For the word Snow, I used the letters separately from the different words to make it say snow.
Eleventh: Then, adhere tag to front of treat favor with a decorative ribbon.


 "Front of Card"

 "Inside of Card"
 "Side of Card with Treat inside"
 "Back of Card"
Materials:
Winter Frolic Cartridge: Snowman2 page 29 for Tags
Recollections: Christmas Paper Stack
Colorbox Ink: Blue Lagoon
Celebrate Occasion Ribbon: Silver
Getting Cricky Stamp Set: Splastastic Summer
Teal Card Stock
Glue Dots and Pop Up Dots
Xyron Tape Runner
Pillsbury Pre-Made Holiday Cookies: Snowman

Who would love to win some "BLOG CANDY" ?
One lucky winner will get to win an awesome (Random) Stamp Set from Getting Cricky.

Here are some simple requirements:
Winner will be announced on Monday, December 19. 
1. Become a follower (if not already, and let me know you are)
2. Leave a comment telling me what would be the perfect holiday treat you would love to receive from someone and your email address to notify you if you win.
Thank you again for checking out this cool Snow-Sensational Treat Holder and be sure to show some love to everyone on the hop as they have made some amazing projects. 
Now you can hop on over to your next stop: Lisa





Getting Cricky Blog Hop

........................................

48 comments:

  1. This is so awesome, Patty!! I love the paper you used and the sparkly bow is so fabulous!! What a great project!! Thanks so much for joining us on the hop!! :D

    Lisa
    Getting Cricky DTM
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the "wishing you a snow day" sentiment. Fabulous idea. Cute cookie card! Thanks for guest designing
    Heather Getting Cricky Jr DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job!! I love your bow!! Your whole treat holder is adorable :) I am a new follower and i think the treat i would love to get from someone is a cute little craft store gift card lol! :) I know its not edible but i'm not big on eatting a lot of candy and stuff so that would be a sweet for me :)

    Amanda
    Getting Cricky JrDt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Patty this is gorgeous!! I would have never known which stamp set you used!! it's amazing how versitile these sets really are!! Thanks for the step by step instructions!!Thanks for joining us for the hop you did a great job show casing Kristals's stamps!!
    Kristan
    Getting Cricky Jr. DTM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful project! Thanks for sharing the intstructions to create this! Can't wait to give it a try! I'm a new follower! Great job!

    ~RhoLynda
    Getting Cricky JrDT
    blossomingbutterflycreations@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute treat holder. My perfect holiday treat is anything homemade! I love to get homemade holiday food.

    pixichickpapercrafts@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable!!! I love the colors on it, and how you were so creative in making your saying.
    Congrats on being this month's guest designer:)

    My perfect treat are bars that my Aunt makes only at Christmas. They are called nut goodie bars and I steal all the ones from my parents and sisters...lol

    iluvkatie74atyahoodotcom

    I am already a follower.

    Jessie
    Getting Cricky Jr DTM

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fantastic project.. my favorite treat would be scrapping goodies :-) Thanks for sharing your creativity with us this evening. Happy Holidays & Happy scrapping~
    Scrappingmamma ~ ustoleit@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi bestie, wow your projects is amazing!! Glad to have you as our guest designer.

    Veronica
    Getting Cricky JrDT
    mommyscraftycreations.blogspot.com
    mommyscraftycreations at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Patty,
    You did an awesome job. I love the cookie peaking out through the hole.
    Really pretty project.
    God Bless
    Sherry
    Getting Cricky Jr. DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am already a follower of your blog, love it!
    That is such a cute treat holder. I love that you have very specific instructions. :)
    wickedmtchic@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty treat holder! The perfect holiday treat I would love to receive from someone would be anything that has to do with crafting! I am a new follower!

    Tracy
    owlbecraftin at gmail dot com
    owlbecraftin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Prob one of your newest followers. I found you from K Andrews Blog & BOY am I glad I did!!! Love the treat holder. I am always looking for things like this & lately want to work 'outside the box', the card box that is. Thanks so much for sharing your creativity!!!
    Chelle kweenbee_612@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello !! What a beautiful treat holder!! Love that you gave us step by step instructions. I'm a follower :) The perfect holiday treat is anything craft related, but hanging out with other scrappy friends is a great treat too!!
    ~crazycraftylife@live.com~
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful treat holder, I Just love it!! Fantastic use of Kristals Stamps too!! I would love anything Crafty of christmas!! and I am a new follower
    Cheers jendewar at optusnet.com.au
    Getting Cricky Jr DTM

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is gorgeous! Love the paper and the beautiful trim! I would love to receive some surprise crafting goodies! (Is that a holiday treat? If not I would love Chocolate covered cherries LOL!) Already a follower! TFS! abusybee24atcoxdotnet
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a great treat holder. It's so pretty. Thanks for sharung it with all of us.
    Cheri - Getting Cricky JrDT
    www.djssundries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous project! I love how you used Splashtastic Summer for a Winter card! :)

    -Jo:)
    Getting Cricky JrDT
    http://joboogie.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice job.
    marg0006@verizon.net
    Loving Scrapper 101

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just love that color for Christmas! Beautiful work! I would love to get my Mom and Dad here at my home for my Christmas treat! That would make it the best Christmas ever!
    Wishing you and yours a magical Christmas!
    Kathie
    kathlee154atgmaildotcom

    ReplyDelete
  21. awesome - yummy for a treat! congrats on being a GD - what an honor! parkernana4@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this treat card, its very pretty and the colors are just so beautiful love blue for Christmas so pretty I am now a follower of your blog and now have Liked you FB page as well thanks for doing the hop with us today
    Debbie DTM w/Getting Cricky

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful treat holder. The color is perfect! Awesome job on the stamping! I think as a crafter, ANY crafting treat would be welcome!!
    TFS
    Creative Wishes,
    Claire
    www.scrapmyway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your sweet card - great job.
    I personally love gift cards for Christmas - I get to use them after Christmas when everything gets marked down :)

    New follower

    Linda
    therrien_linda@yahoo.com
    GC jr. DT member

    ReplyDelete
  25. what very colorful card very pretty
    scrappyduck5@gmail.com
    i am now one of your follower

    ReplyDelete
  26. Really cute treat bag! Since I haven't had time to make Christmas cookies- I would love to receive a plate of those! Thanks for the chance to win! :)Amy
    amyscraftingspace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Super cute homemade treat bag! I love how this went together for you-just adorable!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Patty, This is just a wonderful trat holder. I love the colors you used. The sentiment is perfect!!
    Charlotte
    Getting Cricky JDT

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is so cute! I am marking this site as a favorite so I can come back and make this next week! Thanks for the instructions!

    www.chrissandlou.blogspot.com
    america57@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  30. wow! gorgeous embellishments and great colors. What a cool idea.
    Hugs,
    Larelyn
    GC JrDT

    ReplyDelete
  31. nice
    mygypsierose@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  32. Fantastic project! I am looking forward to crafting after our mini vacation.

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love the treat card.. I would love for Santa to bring me cuddlebug folders and dies as well as Imagine cartridges... Just got the two and need to stash up :-)

    Wanda
    rayzn.kane020406@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Such a lovely gift card holder and my very favorite colours, I hope that Santa brings everyone peace and goodwill. TFS!
    jennyplace26@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. I've been a follower for a short while. Like the treat bag creation. Thanks for sharing the detailed steps. My fav treat I would like to receive is not edible but I do not think we have to define a treat as something that is edible so mine would be a Christmas gift from my daughter that is studying Art Animation in college & is the real artist in my family that she drew and/or painted for me. TO MY SURPRISE SHE GAVE IT TO ME EARLY. IT IS A SKETCH & PAINTING OF JOHNNY DEPP AS CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW WHO IS MY FAV JOHNNY DEPP CHARACTER. I'll post the new sketch/painting soon. Merry Christmas!
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com
    sunshine_honeybee2004@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love the sparkle!! Great job!!
    Hug's and Happy Craftin :)

    Ildi-Getting Cricky SrDTM
    The Craftin Mama
    Please visit me too!
    Webmasters Earn Money Here!
    ildij3@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is just beautiful! I love the bling! TFS CallyAnn(follow)
    I would love to receive a surprise! Any scrapping stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Awesome Project! Thanks for being our guest designer! BTW I'm a new follower!
    Miranda :)
    Getting Cricky JRDT
    www.nanasscrapspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Great project! Thanks for the instructions.
    I'm a follower and the perfect holiday treat for me will be something hand made.
    Ayelet dot barkay at gmail dot com
    Thanks for the chance to win :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. very nice project. tfs. homemade cookies are always a treat, especially at christmas time. i'm already a follower.
    littlen44 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  41. Patty ~ Love your gift card. The colors are beautiful and the sparkly bow is wonderful. Any treat would be wonderful to receive.
    Cindy Lou
    endurapuppy at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  42. WOW, this is an amazing card/gift. Who wouldn't want to receive this! My sister Cindi makes these wonderful yummy buttermilk pralines. Now if I could get those for Christmas...just "one"...I'd savor it...

    Patti Ross (already a follower)
    rossfam@wildblue.net
    Getting Cricky DT

    ReplyDelete
  43. BEAUTIFUL..JUST BEAUTIFUL...LOVE THE COLORS..AND THAT PRETTY BOW....

    MICKEY
    http://mickeyscraftworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. This is beautiful. Just wanted to stop by and say "THANKS" I have my ribbon an boy do I love what you picked out.

    ReplyDelete
  45. such a pretty treat holder! Thanks so much for sharing. Hope you and your family have a WONDERFUL Christmas!!! :-)

    -Sam
    SamanthaJDesigns @ hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love reading your awesome comments. Have a wonderful day!