Thursday, December 1, 2011

12 Days Of Christmas Blog Hop: Day 7

Welcome to Day 7: 12 Days of Christmas Blog Hop!


Hello my crafty friends! Welcome to the 12 Days of Christmas Blog Hop: Day 7! Can you believe the Holidays are quickly approaching.What great way to start of the Season by visiting us for these 12 Days filled with Christmas Ideas. If you have arrived from Sandra's blog, you are in the right place, if not I would really love for you to start at the beginning with our dearest Host Sylvia.

This Christmas Season is the best holiday for me because I look forward to spending the holidays with my family and husband. But also to be able to give others as best as I can. My goal for this Christmas Season is to give back some how. I know that I am not able to help everyone but every little counts. This Christmas I would love to provide one child in need of a Christmas miracle by providing them with a back pack filled with items such as clothes, a toy, school supplies, and yummy snacks. I also want to find out about how I can go help at a shelter and serve food to the people in need. Truly these are my goals for this Christmas Season and hope to accomplish them. With these 12 Days of Christmas Blog Hop, you will get to see some fun projects that I plan to send out to some kids or family and brighten up their day.

For this project, I've seen many talented people create projects with tiles. I wanted to give it a try and see what I could create. So I wanted to create a fun Christmas Tile that can be used to set the spirit of Christmas in your home. I went to Home Depot which for some reason it's my favorite place to go, I guess it's because I grew up going with my dad all the time to pick up supplies.So when I go to Home Depot, I start to think about what I can buy and what I can use to make things with. Here's hoping you like this project. :)

First: Take a small clear tile and lay it on top of newspaper.
 Second: Take White Acrylic paint to paint the snow at the bottom and top of the tile. Then, take Red Acrylic paint to paint the center of the tile.
 Third, take two foam balls and hot glue them together to create a snowman. Now, after several tries, I finally got it to stick to the tile. (LOL) Also be sure to let the tile set to dry. I realized that is why my snowman didn't want to stick. haha
 Fourth, I cute 2 snowflakes from my Martha Stewart Snowflake Punch. Then I added them to the tile.I also decorated my snowman with several accessories.
 Last, you can place your Christmas Decorated Tile onto a holder.

Materials:
White Tile: Purchased at Home Depot
Acrylic Paint: Red, White
Foam Balls, Googly Eyes, Buttons, Ribbon, Black Pipe Cleaner
Brown Card Stock for arms
Blue Stickles
Hot Glue Gun
Martha Stewart Snowflake Puncher


Blog Candy anyone!!!

Throughout the conclusion of the Hop, I will select 3 winners for Blog Candy. I will combine the total number of comments and use Random. Org to select the winners.

Prize #1:
A Set of Christmas Stamps


Prize #2
 One winner will get a set of Celebrate it Holiday Ribbon which will be 3 different kinds of Ribbon.
Prize #3:
A set of Recollection Christmas Dimensional Stickers
(Please note: This is just an example of the set that I will be giving out.)

Here are the simple requirements:
Last day to enter is December 6th by 11:59 pm. PST
Winners will be announced on December 7th. 

1. Become a follower (if not already,and let me know you are)
2. Leave a comment and include your email to contact you if you win. 

Hope you like the Snowman Tile. Throughout the hop, you will get to see other projects I have made for this hop. Thank you again for visiting and be sure to visit each day for more chance to win some Blog Candy. I would also love it if you stop by each of the very talented people on this blog hop and leave some love for them. May you all have a blessed and wonderful Christmas this season and see you all soon. Now, please hop on over the very talented Gaby.


Here is the Blog Line Up:

4. Gaby -  www.gabycreates.com


20 comments:

  1. GREAT project!! Love the snowman and the cute scowflakes. These would be great to give as a gift! TFS!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's adorable! Love how you made the hat from a pipecleaner! Cute!
    TFS! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you did a great job with the tile... soooo cute..:) lindaplusthree at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fun project. very cute. tfs. i'm a followere.
    littlen44 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cute tile decor. millierose651@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are super creative..... super duper cute. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet snowman.
    marg0006@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute! Very innovative, haven't seen anything like this!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very creative! Love snowmen! TFS
    Wishing you well
    vhale@rock.k12.nc.us
    follower

    ReplyDelete
  10. cute project! love that snowman :)
    TFS
    jessica
    chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com
    eschfamily@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great project today, lol, I love it.
    cathyplus5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute! Great 3-D Art!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovin me the home decor!!! Great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute project Patty.
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your goals!! I love that you ran with the tile idea and it turned out great!

    Alina

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute project! I have done some with vinyl but never thought of using paint & decorating this way.
    tfs -angie

    ReplyDelete
  17. cute... love the snowman!!

    tfs - leokc34 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love reading your awesome comments. Have a wonderful day!