Sunday, November 13, 2011

Treat and Tea anyone!

Happy Sunday everyone! I hope everyone has a great day today. I wanted to share with you a project that I made for several challenges. Now, it's fun when you are in your craft room and suddenly your wheels start turning thinking of what to create. Suddenly, I look around my room looking at materials that I have or have not used. In this is what I created.

As many might not know, I love Alice in Wonderland, especially when they are having a Tea Party. With this project that I created, I am now considering planning a fun Tea Party for a Girl's Fun Day or for my next Birthday which won't be till next year in June. So with that, this project can be used as two things: either a centerpiece or cute hat for the Tea Party.

 First: Disney Classic Cartridge: Mouse pg 36 Size 4
 Second: Cut 2.5 x 12 Black Strip. Then I used Stampin Up Scallop Border Punch. Adhere both ends.
 Third: Cut a circle from your left over black card Stock and hot glue to the top of your roll. (As in step 2)
 Fourth: Wrap pink Tulle around the hat and hold together the end of the tulle with black ribbon. I added layers on ribbon and I tied a bow on top.I added a pink Button and Pink Gem on top of the bow.
 Fifth: I used Stampin Up Birthday Whimsy Stamp Set: Cupcake. Then I added some Clear Gems to sparkle.
 Sixth: I used Getting Cricky K. Andrews Stamp Set: Fall-O-Ween Stamp Set: "Treat" and "&" and stamped it on Pink Card Stock. Then I used the same word "Treat" but I would only stamp "T" first then "EA" after to make the word Tea. I wanted it to have the same style of writing as Treat to make it look nice. Then I added some clear gems and placed them on each corner of the paper.

 Now, Im holding it up to show that it can also be used as a hat if you wish. I would probably just add something to make it hold on the head or attach it to a head band.
 Also, if you ask how I made the Teapot Stand up. I added a piece of black card stock on the back and hot glued it to the teapot.Then I hot glued the rectangular piece that is holding the teapot and glued it to the top of the hat. The same I did for the cupcakes, I hot glued them so they can hold well without falling. I also added the drips of the tea as if it's about to be poured.

Materials:
Disney Classics Cartridge: Mouse pg 36 Size 4
K. Andrews Stamp Fall-O-Ween Stamp Set
Pink Tulle
Clear Gems
Stampin Up Birthday Whimsy Stamp Set
Black Spool Ribbon
Pink Buttons

Entering into the Following Challenges:
Scrappy Moms Terrific Tuesday- 3D project
Getting Cricky Simple Sunday Challenge- Tea time, create a project with a hot beverage theme.

Wow! I am just so excited to have made this project. I found it to be lots of fun. I hope all of you enjoyed it too. Hope everyone has a great day! 



Remember:

Live.... Laugh... Create....

XOXO,

Creative Diva

6 comments:

  1. This is definitely way too cute! I can see it being used as a conversation piece. : )

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really a cute project. Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simply Sunday Challenge.
    Cheri - Getting Cricky JrDT
    www.djssundries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! How cute is that?! Great job!
    Thanks for playing along with us in the Getting Cricky Simply Sunday Challenge!


    Amanda
    Getting Cricky JrDT
    http://cricktncrafts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness how fun is that! A hat? I LOVE IT! The detail you have added is amazing. Thank you for sharing your talent with us!
    Heather Getting Cricky JrDT member
    Craftymamaof2heve.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did an amazing job. I can't even begin to believe how much work and detail you put into this awesome project. Thanks for sharings.
    Sherry
    Getting Cricky Jr. DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very, very cute! I love all of the details and the fact that it is so versatile, it could be a hat, a centerpiece, the possibilities are endless! Fantastic job!

    Thanks for joining us for the Getting Cricky Simply Sunday Challenge!

    Big Crafty Hugs,

    RhoLynda
    Getting Cricky JrDTM
    http://blossomingbutterflycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love reading your awesome comments. Have a wonderful day!