Sunday, November 13, 2011

Kid Friendly Challenge Entry

Hi everyone! Well, I sure have been enjoying getting back into the groove of crafting this weekend. I have liked coming into my craft room and gathering ideas on what to create. One of my husband's co-worker and dear friends of ours, well their little girl is turning one at the end of the month and they are throwing a Princess theme party for her birthday. I wanted to get a head start on making something for her birthday. Luckily, over at My Creative Time, they are doing a challenge called "Kid Friendly" where you create any project using a Kid Friendly Theme Cartridge such as Disney, Nursery Rhyme, Create a Critter, A Child's Year, etc. So I thought this challenge was perfect. Here is what I made.

1st Birthday Gift Can

 First, I used a clear Storage Container from Target's $1.00 Bin. I took a 3.5 x 12 Pink Card Stock Paper and adhere around the container. Then I adhere a 3-1/4 x 12 Flower Card Stock paper. I used the lid and traced on top of pink card stock to create a circle to cover the lid.
 Secondly, I tied several pieces of different pink Ribbon to the handle. Then I added tulle to the container. You can decorate as you like. I then placed a Pure Princess Brad in the center of the bow.
 Thirdly, I used Disney Classics Cartridge and cut Alice on pg. 22 Size 3.5 and made her dress pink instead of blue to go with the theme. Then I used my Sweet Treats Cartridge and cut #1 Candle on pg. 65 Size 2.5. Then I hot glued these two items to the lid so it holds better.
 Lastly, I cut a wooden dowel in half and glued it down with my hot glue gun behind Alice. Then, I stamped the Birthday Stampin Up sentiment onto card stock and hot glued it to the stick to create a banner.

Materials:
Disney Classics Cartridge: Alice 
Sweet Treats Cartridge: 1st Candle
Target $1 Storage Container
Queen & Company Princess Brads
Pink Tulle, Variety of Pink Ribbon
Glue Gun & Glue Sticks
Wooden Dowel
Stampin Up Punch Bunch: Birthday Sentiment

Entering into the following challenge:
My Creative Time: Throwback Thursday Challenge: Kid Friendly Challenge
 
I know that my friends will love this gift for their little one. I will eventually be filling her gift container with several baby items. I hope everyone has a wonderful evening, now time to see what other projects I can create. Take care my friends and thanks again for stopping by and showing love to my blog.

XOXO,
Creative Diva


7 comments:

  1. Super fun! Such a sweet gift idea!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a super cute gift!!! TFS Cathie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super Sweet! The tulle just adds the "princess" feel to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great little gift...so creative! Thanks for joining us in the MCT ~ Throwback Thursday Challenge :)

    Cassandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!!

    Sheila
    http://2pawprints.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea.
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Patty ~ Love your project. Alice is wonderland is one of my favorites.
    Cute! Cute!
    Cindy Lou

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love reading your awesome comments. Have a wonderful day!