Saturday, November 12, 2011

Crafty Sprouts: Anything Goes Challenge Entry

Hi again! I've been a busy bee this evening working on projects. Here is a new project I worked on today. As I was browsing on the dashboard, I saw that Erika from Crafty Sprouts is having a great challenge which is Anything Goes. So what great way to start on my Christmas Cards but participating in this challenge. As I was looking at the DT's projects, they have also inspired me to create cards of the holiday season. Plus, she is also having a great sale right now with  her stamps. There are stamps right now for $12.74 except for the "Have a cool Yule." I took advantage of her sale and purchase 2 stamps set which were "Have a good Yule" and "Are you Ready to Rock." I enjoy having stamps from many different blogger friends that I follow. I hope one day i'll be able to create my own stamp line, but we will see.

Anywho, here is the card I have made. Last weekend, when I attended the scrapbook convention in Ontario, CA, I purchased a book from Pine Cone Press called "Happy Holidays Book" where it give you great ideas on cards, gift boxes, and more. So I wanted to try out a card that they showcased in their book that I really liked making. It is a Joy Card.


Here are some steps on how to make this card:
First: Cut 4 inch lengths of 8-9 different ribbon. (you can cut the length of ribbon to your desired choice)
Second: In the book, it states to use Mod Podge to adhere the ribbon onto the piece of white cardstock. But for some reason, it didn't work, at least for me it didn't. So I used my ATG gun instead to adhere the ribbon which worked better.
Third: After ribbon is dry or glued down to the white card stock, cut into a Christmas tree shape.
Fourth: Glue Christmas Tree Shape on top of green card stock,then cut slightly into a larger tree shape. Tear rectangle of brown card stock to make a tree stump. I used my Brown distress Ink to ink the edges. Then adhere to the bottom of the tree.
Fifth: adhere the tree on top of the red card stock. Then, stamp your card with your choice of Christmas sentiment. My card is a 4 x 6 white card stock, followed by a red card stock measured at 3.5 x 5.5.





Materials:
Recollections Card Stock: White, Red, Green, Brown
Variety of  Christmas Ribbon
Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink
White Jelly Roll Pen
Christmas Stamp Sentiment: "Happy Holidays" & "Share the spirit of the Season"

Entering into the following challenge:
Crafty Sprouts: Challenge: Anything Goes
Alright my friends! I hope you enjoyed this card I made. I might stay up a little longer and work on few more projects before I go to bed. I hope everyone has a great night and see you all tomorrow.

Goodnight everyone! 
Sweet Dreams!!

5 comments:

  1. I sure do need to get busy and make some holiday cards too. I like this tree...very festive with the layers.

    Nicely done,
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Love Love your ribbon Christmas tree!!!! Good luck from Crafty Sprouts!

    Many Blessings,
    Zeni
    www.scrappyzeni.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO cute Patty! Great idea!!!
    Kacee Crafty sprouts dt

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool project. Love love love it. Thanks for playing at Crafty Sprouts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patty, this card is great! I love the idea of using the diff types of ribbon! I guess it doesn't matter how you glue the ribbon on as long as it sticks!! lol
    Anyways, very cute!!
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sprouts!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love reading your awesome comments. Have a wonderful day!