Tuesday, November 29, 2011

12 Days Of Christmas Blog Hop: Day 5

If you are looking for Die Cuttin Divas Tuesday Challenge: Click Here
Welcome to Day 5: 12 Days of Christmas Blog Hop!


Hello my crafty friends! Welcome to the 12 Days of Christmas Blog Hop: Day 5! Can you believe the Holidays are quickly approaching.What great way to start of the Season by visiting us for these 12 Days filled with Christmas Ideas. If you have arrived from Sandra's blog, you are in the right place, if not I would really love for you to start at the beginning with our dearest Host Sylvia.

This Christmas Season is the best holiday for me because I look forward to spending the holidays with my family and husband. But also to be able to give others as best as I can. My goal for this Christmas Season is to give back some how. I know that I am not able to help everyone but every little counts. This Christmas I would love to provide one child in need of a Christmas miracle by providing them with a back pack filled with items such as clothes, a toy, school supplies, and yummy snacks. I also want to find out about how I can go help at a shelter and serve food to the people in need. Truly these are my goals for this Christmas Season and hope to accomplish them. With these 12 Days of Christmas Blog Hop, you will get to see some fun projects that I plan to send out to some kids or family and brighten up their day.

For today's project: I wanted to create something that can be given as a gift for a stocking stuffer or to give to someone at your work. This is a Santa Treat Favor. When I went to the Scrapbook Expo this month in Ontario, CA I saw that they had these clear plastic canisters or whatever they are called and I wanted to create something with it. So I figured why not decorate it into Santa Claus and that is what I did.

A few materials you will need to create "Santa Claus Treat Favor."

 First: Take a piece of red felt and measure to the length of the canister. Then, take your hot glue gun and glue around it to create the suit.
 Second: Take black card stock and glue around the felt and create the boots for Santa the best you can.
 Third: Take Red Card Stock and create arms. Then add black for the gloves and white or beige spool ribbon for the wrist band of the gloves.
 Last: Hot glue a small foam ball on top of the lid to create Santa's Head. Then, use your left over felt to create the hat and beard.
 Finally, you have an adorable Santa Claus Treat Favor.
You can fill it up with candy, money, or anything you choose from.



Materials:
2 small clear canisters
Felt: Red, White
Card Stock: Black, Red
Googly Eyes, Berry Red Pearls, Foam Balls
Hot Glue Gun
Celebrate It Occasion Ribbon: Santa Belt
Beige Spool Ribbon



Blog Candy anyone!!!

Throughout the conclusion of the Hop, I will select 3 winners for Blog Candy. I will combine the total number of comments and use Random. Org to select the winners.

Prize #1:
A Set of Christmas Stamps


Prize #2
 One winner will get a set of Celebrate it Holiday Ribbon which will be 3 different kinds of Ribbon.
Prize #3:
A set of Recollection Christmas Dimensional Stickers
(Please note: This is just an example of the set that I will be giving out.)

Here are the simple requirements:
Last day to enter is December 6th by 11:59 pm. PST
Winners will be announced on December 7th. 

1. Become a follower (if not already,and let me know you are)
2. Leave a comment and include your email to contact you if you win. 

Well, I hope you like the treat favors. Thank you again for visiting and be sure to visit each day for more chance to win some Blog Candy. I would also love it if you stop by each of the very talented people on this blog hop and leave some love for them. May you all have a blessed and wonderful Christmas this season and see you all soon. Now, please hop on over the very talented Gaby.


Here is the Blog Line Up:

4. Gaby -  www.gabycreates.com


22 comments:

  1. Creative idea! Love it! This gives me an idea. tfs -angie
    angiehbug at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You just took me down "memory lane". I remember doing something very similar, years ago, w/ a "Pringles" can.

    Tooooo cute! TFS! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I love them. I have the same tube that I wanted to decorate for my kids, niece and nephews. Tis is so cute for the Holidays. Scraplifting idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol, very cute. and so fun:)

    a ashuk @ shaw . ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!! These are darling and how fun it would be to receive one of these!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very very cute...ty for the idea... my imagination is limited so that helps ...:) lindaplusthree at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. too cute for words. tfs/ i'm already a follower.
    littlen44 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it, love it, love it.... those Santa's are so darn cute. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow bestie these lil santas look great! High five!

    Hugs,
    Veronica
    mommyscraftycreations.blogspot.com
    mommyscraftycreations at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are adorable!! and so very creative! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Very cute santas. good job millierose651@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the Santa...I have a whole bunc of felt scraps hidden away, I ought to drag it out and give this a try.
    cathyplus5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I bet you had a lot of fun making these! TFS
    wishing you well
    vhale@rock.k12.nc.us
    follower

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute, Patty! I just picked up that same ribbon at Michael's the other day and have some thoughts of using it on a card. TFS!--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very creative....love these!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super cute and creative!!! Great idea, love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are so super adorable! Great Santas!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Too cute! Where are you finding all this time to make these great projects?!?!?

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice project.
    marg0006@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  20. cute... love that your projects are outside the box... i haven't seen anything like this!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love reading your awesome comments. Have a wonderful day!