Saturday, October 22, 2011

El Cucuy Blog Hop

Welcome to "El Cucuy Blog Hop!"


    Happy Saturday everyone! Welcome to my blog and to the El Cucuy Blog Hop. If you have come by my good friend Norma, then you are in the right place. If you happen to just stop by, I would love for you to start at the beginning with Celeste
    
     Do you remember when you were little and you were scared of the Boogie Man or thinking there might be a monster inside your closet at night. How about El Cucuy which means Boogie Man. This hop will provide you some spooktacular Projects that have probably scared us or continue to scare us. This hop is hosted by a great blogger friend of mine named Yolie from Just Yolie. 

    Therefore, I would like to begin to thank Yolie for having me be part of this amazing hop and get the chance to be with some very talented ladies. Now be prepared to be spooked or not. When I started to think about what to scary monster I wanted to create for this hop, I decided to go with one of the scary monsters from Disney which is Oogie Boogie from Nightmare Before Christmas. I really enjoyed creating this project since it was a great addition to decorating the mantle of my chimney. I followed the directions on an article I found on Family.Com to create the Oogie Boogie Monster. 

Oogie Boogie Monster 
Materials: 
Felt: Green (2), Black (1)
Glue Gun & Glue Sticks
Oogie Boogie Template
Black Thread & Needle
Black or Green Pipe Cleaners
Plastic Bugs

 Oogie Boogie Template
 First: Trace and cut the Template pieces to the color felt.
 Second: Snip eyeholes, mouth, and a 3 inch or smaller slit for 
the stomach on one of the pieces of large green felt.Then 
take your needle and sew a few stiches above and 
below the stomach and also the top of the head.
Third: Flip the stitched body piece over and glue the black
felt patches over the openings in the head and stomach. 
Once you flip it over, cut a small slit of the 
mouth and stomach to add bugs.
Fourth:  Now make the monster's feet. For each foot, glue together 
a pair of felt cutouts, sandwiching a pipe cleaner between them, as shown.
Fifth: Glue the feet pieces atop the unstitched monster body, bending
the pipe cleaner tops to extend the length of the arms, as shown.
Last: Apply a line of glue along the entire perimeter of the body piece, 
going right over the ankles. Then set the stitched body piece 
on top of it and press down on the edges to stick them together.
 Now, you can add any bugs of your choosing inside it's mouth and stomach for fun.




I hope I didn't scare you to much. But, this was definitely a fun project I loved creating.

Who would love some Blog Candy?
Giveaway is Officially Closed
One lucky winner chosen by Random.Org will win a 

Surprise Halloween Goody Bag

Here are the following Requirements:
Last day to enter is 11:59pm, Sunday October 23.
Winner will be announced Monday, October 24.

1. Become a follower (if not already,and let me know you are)
2. Leave a comment telling me what scared you when you were little. Be sure to include your email address to get a hold of you if you win.

Thank you so much for stopping by and be sure to stop by everyone on the line up and leave some spooktacular comments. Now, you are ready to hop over to the very talented Ruthie.



Here is the Blog Line Up:

46 comments:

  1. Great job on your Oogie Boogie!! Thank you for being part of the hop!!! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love your project I love The Nightmare Before Christmas its the best! thanks for sharing this is soo cool! Im a follower. What used to scare me (and still does to this day) is the Texas Chainsaw Massacre.. It scared me so much when I was little that I used to have the same reaccuring nightmare when I was little and I still have that same nightmare to this day about Leather Face.. the strangest part is in the dream everyone is the same age as they were when i very first had the dream.. like im 5 and my bro is 6 and my mom is in her late 20s its crazy! Luckily I only have it when I see that movie.

    thanks for the chance to win.
    -jamie
    babyblueangel_30@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute little Oogie Boogie Monster! Never seen one like him ever before. The things that scared me when I was little was being left alone in the dark and those darn "monsters under the bed". haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea! I will have to try it out! As a little girl I was always scared of leaving the closet door opened at night.

    guz jun 97 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute idea! This would be cool for a Frankenstein too!! little stitched head! I used to sneek to the stairs, sit up and watch my parents scary movies! Jaws had me staying out of lakes or the beach. If it wasnt a pool I wouldnt go in it!!!
    kacee
    youhadmeatscrap.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg what an awesome little ghost. Great job on it. :)
    win_or_lose52@hotmail.com
    http://victoriasjunk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your monster I think I'll try one too! I was always afraid someone was going to peekin my window at night!!millierose651@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute is this boogie man! Love it! Bushes at the end of my block always scared me cuz I thought someone would jump out of them!LOL CallyAnn(follow)
    http://callyanncraftycreations.blogspot.com
    callyannc@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. tooooo cute. I love your little ghost

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome job on your Oogie Boogie!! He turned out great!!
    I was always afraid of whatever might be in the closet so I always had to make sure the door was closed!!
    TFS and for the chance to win :)
    jessica
    chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com
    eschfamily@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so spooky cute. Love that you did it in green rather than a traditional white ghost. What scared me when I was little was the dark.
    Ashley
    glamoroussideofscrapping at gmail dot com
    theglamoroussideofscrapping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cuto Oogie Boogie, Patty! I am a new follower. And the thing that scared me the most when I was little was the monster under the bed!

    ~ Jen @ Musings of a Crafty Mom
    jlhudson2 at cox dot net

    P.S. We're hopping over at www.cookingwithcricut.com today and would love it if you'd join us!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your project!!!TFS!!!

    Cathie
    scraphappycat@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. CUTE! I am sooo scared I can barely type! LOL! Thank you for sharing the details on this cute project! I am going to save this for next year!
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable and thank you for the tutorial. Love it! Hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great spooking ghost! Thanks for directions. What scared me when I was little is still what scares me- spiders....eeek- like the ones on your ghost! :)Amy
    amyscraftingspace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great project Patty! Thanks for sharing the tutorial!!...last scary movie? Friday the 13th in 1979...no more scary stuff for this girl!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Patty,
    Wowzers girl I so love your project, it's fun and spooky and wonderful! Man did you do a great job on this. Make me one... j/k. This so rocks!
    As far as what scares me: The thing that has scared me my whole live and gave me nightmares for 10 years straight after seeing the movie is : The Exorcist the first one when the girl's head spins around and she puks green pea soup looking stuff! I have not watched it since nor have I watched any other ones like that. I also became a follower!! Tks for the chance at some blog candy.
    kldeyette@gmail.com
    Peace,
    KristyLee
    my blog: http://kristyleesworld.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic project Patty and OMG!! as a kid and even now I ABSOLUTELY can not sleep with the closet door open and the EXCORCIST was a movie that till NOW scares ME!! Glad to have been on this HOP with you my friend:)
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  20. hello ..
    i really like your project
    it has good details
    hugs
    mallika
    mallikakejriwal@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very nice amiga! I think i was scared to walk into a dark room lol

    Veronica
    mommyscraftycreations.blogspot.com
    mommyscraftycreations at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  22. wonderful oogie boogie lol love that green color, and the stitches. great spiders climbing around. thank you for sharing and a chance to win.

    kimba at richhook dot com

    forgot to add what scared me when I was little. I was afraid of the monster under the bed.

    ReplyDelete
  23. love your project! he's so cute!!!

    when i was a kid and even now i hate being in the dark( pitch black)

    rosiemini@gmail.com
    www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very cute project! TFS

    When I was little I was afraid of the dark.

    ReplyDelete
  25. LOVE your Oogie Boogie :)
    I am a new follower

    ReplyDelete
  26. what a fun crafty project- i love it!! :) i've always been afraid of the dark and i still am! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a great project. I just love Nightmare Before Christmas. I have always been scared of scary movies. I cannot watch them. TFS.

    rmpoohbear75 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow! this is so creative and so darn cute!!! I love it!! So happy to have done a hop with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. thanks for the hop - I am a follower :)
    leokc34 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love felt and this little monster is so fast and cool!

    -- dalis
    alidalis AT comcast DOT net

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great project.
    When I was little I was afraid of Freddy Kruger. Already a follower. Thanks for the chance to win.
    Candy
    candyscraftcorner.blogspot.com
    candyyoung826 at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great monster you have. Love the felt. As a child; I was afraid when we drove by the cemetery at night down at the bottom of our road.

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is super fun and spooky! When I was little I was afraid to look under the bed! Already a follower! TFS! abusybee24@cox.net

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love your oogie boogie, it's so cute. I'm already a follower:) when I was little I was so scared of the original Freddy cruger.

    ReplyDelete
  35. EEeeeek .... creepy and FUN all at the same time. Great project. Thanks for sharing.
    Blessings, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  36. great project. tfs.
    long time follower.
    i've always been afraid of the dark.
    littlen44 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  37. oh my goodness, soooo sooo cute!!! hmmm when I was little my brothers scared me really bad in the haunted house!!!
    Eva :0)
    evascrapslife(at)gmail(dot)com
    http://evasscrapsncards.blogspot.com
    I have a giveaway on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  38. OMG! I love your project. I am sure you will set that out for Halloween for many years to come. What scared me when I was little was the movie Helter Skelter. Monster movie don't really scare me too much, but real life ones do.

    TFS!
    Cindy Lou
    endurapuppy at yahoo dot com
    http://scrappinc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. One word! AWESOME!!!
    ok, more words... :D
    This project is so fun! LOVE the color you chose and the detailed tutorial. Fun fun fun!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Fun project, thank you for sharing a new technique.

    ShersL84bed@aol.com
    www.patternsbysher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. How cute is that "boogie man"! Very clever!!!! Someone had convinced me there were man-eating dinosaurs in the forest I had to walk by going home from third grade! Needless to say that walk was never very much fun! Thanks for the blog candy!
    Terry W
    lellinfove@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. Oogie Boogie is very cute, nice job! When I was little we were afraid of the "Boogy Man." I am already a follower, thanks for sharing!
    `Susan
    scrapbooking.sebastiani@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. Super cute! Oops...I mean scary! :)

    ReplyDelete
  44. WOW! What a creative project! Thank you so much for sharing the step by step directions. Sometimes one or two pictures just doesn't capture all the detail! Great job!


    Melin
    Blog: CookingWithCricut.com
    Shop: PaperCraftingWorld.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love reading your awesome comments. Have a wonderful day!