Sunday, October 23, 2011

Boo Boo!!! Who might be haunting you?

Happy Sunday everyone! As we get closer to Halloween, the Ghosts and Goblins might just be getting ready to scare or jump right up in front of you and shout "Boo." So here is a fun project I have made a few days ago. Before I describe my project, when I was starting to put this fun project together, it was suppose to be a foam cone covered in gauze, but I didn't have any of that available so I had to turn to plan B. I went through the cabinet to find some non-woven sponges and I figured I can create something fun with it, especially since I had my hot glue gun on and ready to use.

So without further ado, here is what I call my "Mummy-Ghost Stand." I am not sure what else to call it. LOL Either way, it was a perfect Halloween Decoration for the mantle of my Chimney.

Mummy-Ghost Stand
Foam Cone
Non-Woven Sponges
Hot Glue Gun & Glue Sticks
Googly Eyes, Pipe Cleaners, Halloween Rings

 First: Gather the materials you need for your creation.
 Second: You take 2 Non-Woven Cloth and place it underneath the cone like a diamond. Hot Glue the center of the cone so it sticks to the cloth. Here is a tip: You can place a piece of cardboard underneath the cloth so that it doesn't glue to the table.
 Third: Now, you begin by taking a piece of Non-woven Cloth at a time and fold it into a triangle shape. You then take your hot glue gun and add a line of glue on the edge of the cloth, then wrap it around the cone.You continue to do this till you reach about halfway of the cone.

Fourth: Take a pipe cleaner and fold it in half. Cut it in half so that you now have to arms. Insert the pipe cleaner on each side of the cone. Then take a small piece of cloth to create the hands.

Fifth: Take a Non-Woven Cloth and place over the top point of the corner hanging upside down. (Hope that made sense) Then you take a piece of the cloth to drape over the head like a veil.

Last: Hot glue the googly eyes and the Bat rings throughout the body.
 Now, you have created a Mummy-Ghost Stand.


There you have it my friends. I hope you like what I have created. Just remember, have fun as you create. Sometimes it might not turn out the way you want it, but I know in the end, it will looks spooktacular.


Now, Im off to the movies in a little bit with my hubby and siblings as we are going to watch Paranormal 3. Let me just say Im not a big fan of scary movies, so for sure I will be screaming and covering my eyes throughout the movie. LOL Now, I have seen Paranormal 1 & 2 at home, so this will be a first for me to see the 3rd one in Movie Theaters. Let's see if I will even be sleeping tonight. LOL

Have a great evening everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Super cute and spooky!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute!! Love this project! Christina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patty! Just catching up with my followers again. It seems to take me forever but I am so glad I got here. You have been one busy bee creating away. Congrats on all your successes and wonderful projects.
    Even if I do not comment on every single post, please know that I visit as often as I can. I really enjoy your creativity & what you share with us all.
    Keep them coming.
    Crafty best wishes,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love reading your awesome comments. Have a wonderful day!