Friday, September 2, 2011

Cricut360 Challenge #10: Grandparents's Day

Welcome to Cricut360 Challenge Friday!

Hi friends! Wow! I can't believe we are already in the month of September. That means Summer is almost coming to a close and Fall is just around the corner. Last week, we had some wonderful entries for our Relax Challenge. This week's challenge at Cricut 360 is celebrating Grandparent's Day by making a card or layout using any cartridge to show how much we love them or remembering our Grandparent's who are no longer here with us but at least in spirit. 

Before I share about the card, I wanted to share about my Grandmother's. One that has passed and one that is still present in my life. 
Three years ago, my Grandmother Maria who is my father's mother passed away. She was a wonderful grandmother who I was really close too. She would always tell me the stories that she went through as a little girl and stories about my father. She got to live till the age of 108. Yes, 108 and she still was up and about doing her thing. One day she came down for a visit and I took her to Target. Well, I was going to get her one of those electric motor carts thing where she can ride around in the store, and in spanish, she would say "NO!" My grandmother wanted to walk instead of getting in one of the carts and she did. I hope that I am have the strength and endurance as my grandmother when I get to that age. I love and miss her dearly but I know she lives in my heart.I do plan on making a layout with pictures of my grandmother to have displayed in my home.

May 10, 1900- June 29, 2008

Now, onto my second Grandmother who I made the card for. Her name is Amalia just like my mother's name. My grandmother wanted my mother to be named after her because she was the youngest of all girls. My grandmother had 11 kids. It's been a long while since I haven't seen my grandmother but I know I would love to mail this card to her to remind her how much I love and care about her despite her being a bit far away. One special thing about my grandmother is that she loves parrots. I remember as a kid going to her house and I was always afraid of her parrot. Her parrot would always give her kisses. So I hope you like the card I made for her. Unfortunately I do not have a picture of my grandmother since I lost some of my photos on my hard drive. But, my grandma knows that once I see her, she will be seeing my camera. LOL Since she knows, I never leave without it.

Grandmother Card
Create a Critter Cartridge: Bird Size 3
Prima Flowers: Pink Cream
Brown with Pink Stripe Ribbon
Brown & Pink Card Stock: 4 x 6
Cuttlebug Folder: Flowers
G Family Stamps: Grandmother





Thanks everyone for allowing me to share a bit about my grandmother's. Both of my grandfathers have passed on many years ago when I was little. I know that my Grandfather Gabriel and my Grandfather Jose Carmen are also in my hearts and that they are watching over me from Heaven. So please be sure to see all the other wonderful projects that the Design Team have made to share about their grandparents or if they are grandparents themselves. I hope that everyone has a safe and great Labor Day Weekend.







11 comments:

  1. I love your card! And your grandmothers sound amazing! Thanks for sharing a bit about them.

    Sonya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful, love the sparkly wing and the sentiment on the wing. Grandmothers are absolutely wonderful.
    Have a super Friday.
    Cindy Lou

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card bestie. Im sure your abuelita will love too when she gets it.

    Hugs,
    Veronica
    mommyscarftycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. hola patty,
    your abuelita is going to love the card your made her:)

    miss u,
    marisela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card, love the pink and the glittered area you did a beautiful job
    Deb crowder

    ReplyDelete
  6. so super cute! I love that you placed grandma right on the wing! very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey girl, beautiful card and your grandmother will love it! WOW, 108 years is wonderful! It's always fun to hear your grandparents old days stories:) TFS
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please accept the Butterfly Award.

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thant is a super cute card. Love the color. It is so nice to have wonderful memories of a grandparent I miss mine to, I don't think that ever goes away.
    Have a Happy Labor Day!
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing such beautiful stories of your grandmothers, Patty! The card is so gorgeous! I love the colors and the pretty flowers! The sparkly wing is beautiful and the background embossing gives such great dimension! I love this!! :)

    Lisa
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your card. Thanks for sharing the wonderful stories about your grandmothers. Mine passed away in 2008 and I miss her so much. I was going to make a LO about her for this challenge but I just couldn't... so I ended up making a card that my son will give to my mom. Take care,
    Leirad

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love reading your awesome comments. Have a wonderful day!