Sunday, August 21, 2011

Birthday Card Challenge Entry

Happy Sunday everyone! I hope everyone had a great day. I spent my morning by heading to church, then I made a detour to Michaels as they had a good sale starting today. They had the Buy One Get one for 1cent for certain items. One of those items was the Recollections Card Stock 8.5 x 11 Paper Pack that are priced at $3.99. I definitely took advantage and bought two packs. So pretty much I paid $4.00 total for the 2 packs together. I also saw that they started putting Halloween Items. I purchased a Martha Stewart Halloween Punch using my 40% off coupon. So stay tuned to see what I will be creating with this certain puncher. Anywho, I spent the rest of the afternoon working on some cards for challenges that I am going to enter today which I only have an hour or 2 to quickly enter it. Celebrate the Occasion challenge this week is #26: "Birthday (Must Be an Easel Card and Fantabulous Cricut challenge this week is #73:Piece of Cake (create a project with a cupcake  or baked good). So I made a Cupcake Birthday Easel Card for my other sister-n-law who celebrated her birthday this past week. Since Cheetah is her favorite animal, I didn't have anything that came close to that, so her second favorite animal is a Zebra which was perfect because I was able to use my Create a Critter. Okay, sorry for blabbing too much, lol. Here is my card:

Cupcake Birthday Easel Card
Create a Critter: Zebra Size 3.5
Sweet Treats: Cupcake 1.5 or 2
Colorbok Paper Pack: Zoo 
Martha Stewart Cupcake Puncher
Flower Embellishment
Recollections Gold Glitter
Queen & Co. Black Pearls
Stampin Up Birthday Stamps Set






Entering in the following Challenges:
Celebrate the Occasion Ch#26: Birthday Easel Card

Alright, stay tuned as I have another card I made. It will be on a different post so be sure to check it out and let me know what you think. See you in a bit.

13 comments:

  1. Your card is super cute! Randomly I also went to Michael's for the paper and sale and I too got roped into the halloween stuff! We must have been on the page!! Happy scrapping!

    my-o-scrappin.blogspot.com
    smmyiow@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I'm not sure which is cuter, the zebra or the zebra cupcake!!! Thanks for playing with us at CTO!
    Laurie
    scrapsbysissy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the matching critter and cupcake. You did a great job on this challenge. Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, what an amazing easel card. Thanks for playing along with CTO! ~Shen

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute!! I love the matching cupcake! Thanks for joining Challenge Me Monday at FCC :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card!
    I love the sparkle on the candle! Nice touch!
    Thanks for joining us at CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on the challenge. It is so adorable and the colors are fun. Thanks for joining us this week at Celebrate the Occasion.

    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely loving the zebra print theme! Your card looks fantastic! Thanks for joining us this week at CTO! You really pulled off a great easel card!

    Hugs,
    Tracey - CTO DT member
    www.trailoftreasures.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so absolutely adorable, Patty! I love the cute zebra and the use of the zebra-patterned paper! Awesome card :)

    Lisa
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nicely done, thanks for joining CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your zebra with his matching cupcake, really adorable! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your zebra/cupcake birthday car is brillant! Thanks for joining us at CTO. -Yvette

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love reading your awesome comments. Have a wonderful day!