Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Christmas in July-Day 2: Guest Designer

** Click Here- For DCD Challenge #24: Shaped Die-Cut Card**
 
Welcome to Christmas in July Day 2! 
I thank you all for coming by yesterday to check out the first craft that I made for Christmas in July. I loved reading all the wonderful comments you have left me. Today, I get to be a Guest Designer again for two wonderful ladies: Cross My Heart Papercrafts: by Giselle and Nadias Beautifulmess:by Nadia where they will also be showcasing other wonderful special Guest Designers all week. So be sure after visiting me today to stop by. There will be some fun Prizes you can win.

Today's craft is to create Treats and Favors. As many probably don't know, I am a Teacher's Assistant for a Kindergarten class. I really wanted to take on this challenge because I always love to make something for the students. This year for Valentine's Day was my first time making them Valentine Treats. I really enjoyed doing them so I wanted to continue the tradition as the students go back to school in August. Therefore, I decided to make a set of Christmas Favors to get an idea of what I can make for the students and even the teachers. Here are these adorable Penguin Favor Boxes. Eventually, they will be filled with Christmas treats such as Holiday Erasers, Pencils, Stickers and for the teachers: it could be a gift card, candy, or lotion.

Christmas Favor Boxes:

Christmas Designer Paper Size 10 x 10
Then, fold each strip in half.
Then score at 1.5 on one side and 2.5 on the other.
Then you cute where you folded the strip in half.
White dotted Ribbon: Cut 10.5 by 10.5
Green and Pink Shredded Paper Grass
Candy to place inside boxes


 Covered each box with Holiday Paper.
 Then I glued a strip of Holiday Ribbon on each box.
 I used my Cricut Machine to cut out 6 penguins. 3 Girl Penguin and 3 Boy Penguins.
 I also used my Cricut Machine to cut out Candy Canes for the Penguins to hold.

 Now, I filled each one with Color Shredded Paper Grass.
Then, it can be filled treats.

I hope you have enjoyed these cute little treats. I thank you for stopping by. Please, continue to stop over at Giselle's and Nadia's blog as they will be continuing to be showcasing some amazing projects from very talented Guest Designers.

Have a great day everyone!!!


10 comments:

  1. These are super cute. Lovefhe penguine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute amiga.

    Veronica
    mommyscraftycreations.blogspot.com
    mommyscraftycreations at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute Patty! Your kids will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them, I want to give them a try. I only have a small cricut so I can't make boxes with that so maybe i can do yours. I have that cartridge too!
    mexicopetshop at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute!! These are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love! Love! your favor boxes they are just way tooo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very cute idea. tfs.
    littlen44atgmaildotcom

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love reading your awesome comments. Have a wonderful day!