Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Die Cuttin Divas Challenge #20: Christmas Theme Cut for a non-Themed Christmas Card

Good morning everyone! We have a fun challenge going on today at Die Cuttin Divas. Ever wonder how fun it would be to create a birthday, thank you, or even a wedding card using a Christmas Theme Cut. Then this challenge is for you. We want to challenge you to think outside the box and see what you can create using a Christmas cut. So hop on over to check out what the Design Team has in store for you to get your creative minds thinking by clicking here at Die Cuttin Divas. So take out those Christmas Cartridges you have put away somewhere and try out this challenge. You don't want to miss out. We would love to check them out. So without further ado, here is what I created.

Ever wonder what would happen to a Snowman if it were standing on the beach. The first thing that comes to mind is that it will melt away in the sun. But, no fear, this good looking Snowman Family are wearing their Stunner Shades to take away some brightness of the sun. This family wanted to get away on a nice vacation to enjoy a nice day at the beach to say hello to all the beach goers instead of standing around in another Snow Storm. Hey, at least if they melt just a little, it will add a bit more water to the ocean.

Recipe:
Winter Woodland Cartridge: Snowman Sizes: 3.0, 3.5, 4.0
Card Stock: Yellow, Brown, Black, White, Blue
Blue Waves Designer Paper
Hawaii/Drink Designer Paper
Martha Stewart Puncher: Crab
Beach Stickers: Surfboard
Memento Dye Inks: Desert Sand, Beach Blue 
Sentiment Stamp: Hello
Black Marker for Shades, Googly Eyes






So just incase you missed it, here is the link to our blog for you to join us on the challenge:

Have a wonderful day!

7 comments:

  1. My husband and I have been thinking about spending Christmas in Hawaii. I thought of that when I saw your card. I love the Martha Stewart crabs. I need to find that punch. Great job Fellow DT! -Yvette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card! I would have never thought to use snowmen! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card! Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier today for the It's Officially Summer Blog Hop. I'm your newest follower and super excited to see all your work.

    ~Sarah
    http://simplyshaddock.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Surfs Up!!! Love the chillin snowmen..Totally Cool project Patty :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute!!

    Kelsey : )
    One Creative Teen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love reading your awesome comments. Have a wonderful day!