Saturday, April 2, 2011

My very first Easel Card!

Hi friends! I hope everyone is having a great weekend so far. Hubby and I got up early today to do some yard work, then watched the movie "Tangled." Such a cute movie! I'm such a Disney fan and a kid at heart. Then, I pretty much got to spend the whole day in my scrapbook room finishing up on my last project for the Easter Blog hop and other stuff. Well, I've been spending most of my time watching Youtube videos on seeing tutorials of how to make different types of cards than your standard ones. I really been interesting in seeing how people make Easel Cards, so I wanted to learn how to make one. Here is my first Easel Card. I hope everyone likes it. My sister-n-law Laura is celebrating her birthday in two weeks and I wanted to get a head start on her card, so why not make it into an Easel Card. My husband's family calls her Pumpkin which she doesn't mind it. So her birthday card says," Pumpkin, Happy Birthday!"
Happy Birthday Easel Card
Card Base: 4 x 8
Then fold it in half, and then crease the bottom half at 2in.

 Middle Picture: 2 Light Blue Card Stock at 3 3/4 x 3 3/4 for top & bottom layer card (use a corner punch for the corners), Create a Critter: Pumpkin Size 3.5, Birthday Hat Size 2.5.
 Bottom Picture: Placed Light Blue Card Stock on the other half of the card. Then I placed a strip of white embossed paper in the center of the square. I used Brown Colorbox Ink to ink the edges. Then I added orange Pearls. Stampin Up Stamps: Happy Birthday, and Birthday Gift.

I'm so proud of myself for how it turned out! I looked forward to making more down the road. It feels good to be able to find time again this weekend to get back into my crafting. On another note: I would like to share that my younger sister Leslie created a blog in which she shares about some fun cooking recipes, fashion, and other exciting stuff she has come upon. Please take a moment if you like to stop by her blog and become a follower. Her blog is http:shoplovecook.blogspot.com. Thanks everyone for stopping by.

Live... Laugh... Create...

10 comments:

  1. OMG! Your card is wonderful. I still haven't tried an easel card. I will have to give it a try.
    I stopped by your sisters blog and I am going to give her recipe a try, since Tazo Passion Tea is my favorite.
    TFS!
    Cindy Lou

    P.S. our mouse stamps still haven't arrived. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love fun folds. I made my first easel card for valentine's day :0) I have yet to try another :0{

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job. I have yet to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay!! amiga you did a great job. I really like it. I've never done one but I think I will give it a try. TFS

    mommyscraftycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute! I just made one also...It is up now for the Whimsical Wednesday Grand Opening Hop...I have a giveaway...ends tonight at midnight

    chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey girl, what a fantastic job your did with the easel card!! Aren't they fun? So cute!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love easle cards,and that little pumpkin is super cute!

    Also please stop by my blog, I have an award for you.

    http://victorias-creations.blogspot.com/2011/04/blog-awards.html

    ♥Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  8. awe.... such a sweet card! I love it! Thanks for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love reading your awesome comments. Have a wonderful day!