Saturday, April 9, 2011

It's Easter Blog Hop Day 3!

Hi everyone! Welcome to the “It’s Easter” Blog Hop Day 3 to help you get ready for this wonderful Easter season. Joining me in this fun celebration are some of the most talented crafters that I know. I do have a few rules for this hop, in support of each crafter and the time they have put into their work, to be eligible for my blog candy you MUST visit each blog and leave a comment. If you have just came from Suzanne, you are in the right place.  If not, and just hopped on this blog, you can go back to the beginning HERE and hop along with us.

 Here is my third project for the third day of the hop. I made an Easter Explosion Box for the first time. Since I was new to making this, it took me a while to figure it out. LOL When I would visit other bloggers, I would see the fantastic Explosion Boxes they have made and I fell in love with them. So I said to myself, let me give it a try and I did.


 Recipe: 
 Blue Card stock: 12 x 12
Teal Blue Card stock: 11-3/4 x 11-3/4
Light Blue Card Stock: 11-1/2 x 11- 1/2
 Pink, Purple, Blue cardstock 3 3/4 x 3 3/4
Variety of Embellishments
Queen & Co.: Pink Pearls
Create a Critter- Bunny 2.5 (I think! LOL)
Michael $1 stamps: Spring

video





First Step: Choose your first 3 colors you would like for your box. The bottom layer is measured at 12 x 12, second layer is cut at 11-3/4 x 11-3/4, and the top layer is cut at 11.5 x 11.5. Then you score each side at 4 inch mark. So you will have a tic tac toe rid. Fold it at score line. Now cut at every corner outside square. Now that you have done all three. Glue down the center for each. For the Lid, you take the color card stock of your choice it cut it at 7-1/8 x 7-1/8. Then you score it at 1-1/2 in, rotate and do the same for all sides at 1-1/2 inch.
 Second Step: For each square: You have the option of decorating however you like. I added a different color card stock on each side at 3-3/4 x 3-3/4
 Third Step: Here is just a picture of what each side has.
This first picture shows a banner that says: Happy Easter.
This second picture is Happy Spring Time.

This third picture shows a happy chick enjoying Spring time.
This picture shows Miss Chicky- The sensational singer.
 Remember:
This hop runs from April 7th - 10th, so you have plenty of time to make it all the way through the hop. Check out each blog and see what each blog has to offer for BLOG CANDY! Come back all 3 days to see some new projects, tutorials, and more. Plus, if you leave a comment on everyone's blog, you will be entered for the grand prize blog candy given at Shawnee's Blog.
Tell your friends about the hop for an extra chance.

Now, hop on over to two talented and amazing ladies: Shelly & Kitty
 
In case you get lost, here are the Blogs for the It’s Easter Blog Hop:
1. Shawnee - Http://quiverofangels.blogspot.com/
2.  Rachelle - http://rachelle-rachellesplace.blogspot.com/
3.  Lisa - http://handmadewithlove-lisa.blogspot.com/
4.  Suzanne - http://cricutcraftingrammy.blogspot.com/
5.  Patricia - http://creativediva98.blogspot.com/  
6.  Shelly & Kitty  http://kccroppers.blogspot.com/
7.  Rhonda - http://scraphappenswithrhonda.blogspot.com/
8.  Mandie - http://mandiesscrappin.blogspot.com/
9.  Mickie -  http://littlescrapcorner.blogspot.com/
10. Deborah - http://scrappingmamma.net/
11. Kristy http://www.scraptasticalkreations.blogspot.com/
12. Tristan - http://tristans-time-4-craftin.blogspot.com/
13. Ellen - http://cardmonkey-business.blogspot.com/
14. Monica - http://scraps2treasure.blogspot.com/
15. Robin - http://thecricutscrapper.blogspot.com/

My Blog Candy:

 The winner will win Recollections: Spring Embellishments and Flower Embellishments.
I will be using Random. Org to select the winner.
Please note: There will be a total of 4 winners at the end of my blog. When the Blog Hop comes to an end, I will select one winner for each day of the hop. So make sure you come by each day to leave a comment. Winners will be announced Tuesday, April 12. 

Here are the requirements:
1. Become a follower (If not already, and let me know you are) and leave a comment for a chance to win.
2. Be sure to leave me with your email address for a way to get a hold of you if you win.

For an extra chance to win:
1. Follow me on my FB "Like" page "Creative Diva." You can click on my FB Badge located on the left hand side bar.

Thank you for visiting! Please come again! 

Happy Easter Everyone!

27 comments:

  1. have yet to do my first pop box but great idea thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an amazing project!! Beautiful job!!

    Shawnee
    http://quiverofangels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your explosion box! It is so cute and festive!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the best explosion box I have ever seen. You rocked this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing job! love it ..thank-you for sharing
    Debfoti~ustoleit@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Patty,
    I would have never guessed that was a "1st timer" explosion box. You did an EGGSCELLENT job! Love it! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun explosion box. Love it. TFS. patnbobcuddy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow amiga you did a great job with the box. high five!!

    mommyscraftycreations@gmail.com
    mommyscraftycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great explosion box, WOW all the detailed work is awesome. TFS. Hugs, CyndiU cureta2@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super, super cute!! TFS!

    amandawoodau at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to try that someday. That turned out really cute! TFS
    Kathie
    Kathlee154atgmaildotcom
    http://kathleessnippitsncricuts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome explosion box!:)

    Kaitlin
    angel1694@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Explosiom box is really cute, it looks like a lot of time was put into making it!
    comopark@roadrunner.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, great explposion box. I've got to try one! Thanks for sharing! joy4umetoo at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Patty -- You did GREAT on this!! I can't believe it's your first explosion box!! :) I know you'll be doing many more of these!! :) TFS!!

    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
    scrapbookingwithamy (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your explosion box is darling. I haven't tried one yet, but they look complicated. You did a beautiful job.

    SMiles Sher
    SHersL84bed@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome job...that's another project that is on my list to do. Think I might have to try one!!

    (:(:SMILES :):)

    ROBIN

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome job on the explosion box.

    ReplyDelete
  19. These little boxes are so amazing...some day I may get the courage to try one! Nice day 3 share!!
    Shannon_Corbin@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love explosion boxes. I have tried many times and yet still fail at putting them together correctly lol. I think they are great! Love the colors, very sweet!
    TFS
    Theresa
    tmdettloff@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great explosion box. I've been wanting to try one of these- I think you jst gave me the inspiration to do it!

    kittycropper@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've seen these explosion boxes before and I really like them but have never done one. thanks for always giving the details and videos.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love it! I think I will try the box with my students (5th graders) at school. Thank you for such great directions.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Patty!! This box turned out awesome!!! Love everything about it!! Hugs, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  25. I admire your explosion box, I really want to give it a try, they look a little intimidating. Thanks for the inspire!!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  26. that looks scrary complicated, but cute enough to want to try it out!!
    kristyscraps@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  27. I see you have bean a busyyyy bee...like it
    buquisangre@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love reading your awesome comments. Have a wonderful day!