Thursday, April 28, 2011

Happy 50th Birthday Mom!/ The Adventures of Cricut!

 Important Update: 
Just received my Shipment Confirmation that my Cricut E2 is being delivered today instead of next week since it's coming from Ontario, California which is only a few miles away. Super excited! I'll keep you guys posted.

Hello my wonderful followers. Today is my beautiful mother's 50th Birthday. May she be blessed with many more wonderful birthdays. My family and I took her out to an early birthday dinner to Olive Garden last weekend. But after I get out of work today, I plan to pick up my mom and take her out for lunch before I have to attend my tonight class. So I wanted to make a fun but beautiful card to celebrate her 50th birthday. I also plan on entering it into fantabulouscricut where we are asked to create something with " MOM's" the word. I know my mom is going to love her card.

Easel Card Recipe:
Dark Pink 5 x 9
Black Card stock: 5 x 9 (then cut less than a 1/2 on each side)
Design Paper: 5 x 9 (then cut less than a 1/2 on each side)
Simply Charmed Cartridge: Cupcake Size 3
Cuttin Up Cartridge: MOM Size 1-1/4
Creative Memories: Paper buttons & Paper Ribbon
50th Birthday Stickers
Flower Buttons
Purple Ribbon
Cuttlebug Embossing folder: Swirls
Recollection: Pink Rhinestones
Sentiment Stamp: Happy Birthday


The cupcake stands on a beautiful decorated table surrounded by presents.
I made everything pop up by adding a strip of purple behind it.

I also want to say thank you to two ladies who I won some fun blog candy from. The first one is Amy from lovetocrop. I won some fun Creative Memories: Paper Buttons and Paper Ribbon and Cricut Ink Cartridges. Thank you Amy. I enjoyed using some of the items I received to create my mom's card. The second person I would like to also thank is Elsa from cricutlvr. I won a cute Cricut Plush. Here are a few pics of Cricut's Adventure in his new home.

 Cricut playing some Xbox live with online players.
 Cricut found a new feline friend named "Jack the cat."
 Cricut hanging out with his new Disney Pals!
 Cricut hanging around the scrapbook room.
 Cricut enjoying reading his favorite book.
 Cricut following along his favorite Blogger "Creative Diva."
Happy 5 years to Cricut!
Cricut calling all his peeps. 
Hope they are local calls. Lol!

The Adventures of Cricut
to be continued......

Have a great day everyone!

9 comments:

  1. Great easel card, cupcake is too cute! P.S. Cricut pix are adorable - made me chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your mommy!! I Love the card your nade for her. Im sure she will love it!!. Oh and your Cricut picute are so funny lol

    hugs
    vero
    mommyscraftycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card!! Thanks for joining us at FCCB!!
    Lisa C

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card! Love you catching cricut calling his "peeps" (lol)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Mom is going to love her card it is terrific. Tell your Mom 50 is an awesome age. I have to get one of those cricut plushes they are soooo cute. I am laughing now on your funny pics with your plush. Have a wonderful day. I can't wait to see what you create with your new cricut E2.
    Cindy Lou

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet, happy card! Happy Birthday to your mom, I know she will love her card. Thanks for joining our challenge this week at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, Thanks for sharing it with us as FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card! I love the easel cards. Thanks for creating with us at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card!! I love the easel style!! Love your cricut photos LOL!!
    Thanks for playing with us @ FCCB!!
    TFS!! Take Care!!
    Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love reading your awesome comments. Have a wonderful day!