Thursday, March 17, 2011

Welcome to the Lucky Charm Blog Hop!

Welcome to my Blog and the Lucky Charm Blog Hop! If you've come from visiting  Carrie you're in the right place. If you were just looking at my blog and want to play along with our blog hopping fun, you can start at the beginning at www.crossmyheartpapercrafts.blogspot.com. This blog hop is all about creating something for the lucky charm in your life..

I’m excited because this is the Second Blog Hop to be participating in. I would like to thank Giselle and Nadia for putting this together. It’s been so much fun creating this project about the lucky charm of my life. This month, my husband and I will be together as a couple for 14 years now. Next month will be our 5th year wedding anniversary! He is truly the lucky charm in my life because he is such a loving, hard working, and incredible man. He takes good care of me, spoils me tremendously, and supports my crazy obsession for scrapbooking/cardmaking. 

We were asked to create a project for the lucky charm in our life. I created a centerpiece that he is able to display in his office at work. I wanted it symbolize things that we enjoy together. The one thing that we enjoy is Disney. If you notice, the top part of the centerpiece is shaped like Mickey Mouse. Then, I added some fun Gold Coins hanging down from it! Here is a short clip of my project. 

video

{Some of the basic tools that you would need to create this project.}
 {Insert foam into pot & then cover with Card Stock.}
 {Attach two small foam balls with a straight pin to be inserted into the larger foam ball. This will create a Mickey Head. Then with a Martha Stewart Shamrock Punch: Punch several shamrocks using 2 different colors to cover the foam balls. I attached the shamrocks with a green or yellow straight pin to the center of each clover. }
 {Then you take a 1/2 wooden dowel and wrap it with tape floral. Then, you will insert it into the pot and place the Mickey Head Piece onto the dowel.}
 {Simply Charmed Cartridge: Cut Leprechaun at 4 in. I added a button to it's jacket. Then, I used one of the St. Paddy's stickers from Recollections.}
 {On each side of the leprechaun, I placed an eyelet brad of a sign that says "Leprechaun Crossing." I added Green & Yellow Spool Ribbon hanging down the Foam ball.}
 {I attached a gold coin that says "Get Lucky" to each ribbon}
 {Shamrocks are surrounded around the pot.}
 The Final Product:
My Dear Husband Peter: 
"You are the Lucky Charm in my Life!"

Now, who would love to win some BLOG CANDY!
This is your chance to win by following some sweet requirements:
I will be using Random. Org to select the winner.
I will announce the Winner on Monday, March 21st.
1) Please become a follower on my blog as I love meeting new people. {If you are a follower, please let me know you are.}
2) Please be sure to leave a comment on all the talented ladies blogs as they have worked so hard to show their creative projects.
3) Please be sure to leave me an EMAIL Address for a way to contact you if you are a winner. 


{Recollections: Shamrocks Stickers, Eyelet Brads: Leprechaun Crossing Signs, Flower Mirrors, and Friends Ribbon}

43 comments:

  1. How sweet! I love seeing different projects. Seems we all (me included) get stuck on card making. I am a new follower.
    http://comopark1886.blogspot.com
    comopark@roadrunner.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. great project...TFS!!!!

    CATHIE
    SCRAPHAPPYCAT@GMAIL.COM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Follower 100!! Maybe that means I am lucky today?!?!?
    Thanks so much for sharing your very creative project. It came out AMAZING!!
    jessica
    chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com
    eschfammily@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, Love, Love the Centrepiece! Thank you for joining Giselle and I on this hop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!!! LOVe it!! Great details you included!!!

    Hugs,
    Tanya
    freddylswillima@windstream.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great project. Love the creativity. I am your newest follower. Congratulation you are over 100. Hope you will follow me while hopping
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. fabulous job on this project, TFS Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous topiary! Such work for that wow factor - TFS!
    pam_lash at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a clever project. Love it. Thanks for sharing. I'm a new follower.

    vwilson577 at yahoo.com
    http://scrapbookingcreationsbyvicki.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun! Thanks so much for sharing! I'm already a follower.

    Lisa
    prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com
    lnorris21 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I AM A NEW FOLLOWER AS WELL AS NEW TO CRAFTING CARDS, BUT i AM ALSO INTERESTED IN ALL PROJECTS WITH PAPER AND EMBELLISHMENTS. Thanks for sharing. Your project is amazing. hope to win some candy while being inspired, Happy St patty's day.
    mexicopetshop@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi bff,
    You're right you do have a great husband but remember he is the lucky one because he has YOU! Congrats on reaching 100 followers!
    Love ya,
    Marisela

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great centerpiece!! So creative!! TFS!

    ~Kimi

    ReplyDelete
  15. All I can say is WOW!!! Fabulous job.

    yianthony at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW Girl! You did such a wonderful project. I am a new follower and can't wait to check out more of your blog. Great job!

    scrapperbecka at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG that's so cute i love it specially because it's a mickey theam. good job like your ideas.

    hugs Noemy

    nhernandez820@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. love your centerpiece needed something like that last year, what a great project

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh this project is soooo adorable, love home decor <3 Congrats on your anniversaries! Thanks for being part of this blog hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi amiga, wow what a great project. I really like the way it came out!

    hugs,vero mommyscraftycreations@gmail.com
    mommyscraftycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your center piece. Creative idea. I am a new follower.
    cstephenson at q dot com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great job. I showed it to my neice and she almost screamed! She really loves mickey mouse.
    Just became a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMG this is so cute! I love this very creative. Thanks for sharing. You did a great job.
    I am a new follower

    Melissa
    adventuresinheels@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cool projects. My hubby loves Disney so he would adore your Mickey head project.

    Smiles Sher
    ShersL84bed@aol.com
    www.patternsbysher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Super cute project! I always love seeing home decor ideas! Great job! I'm a new follower.

    Hugs
    Carrie
    cau0617 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the topariary. I am a new follower.
    username at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great project Patricia - very sweet reminder of your love for your hubby. I am a new follower :)

    rebeccadunham at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a nice centerpiece and it's something he will have from year to year. I bet your husband really liked it.

    Patti
    bbitster@windstream.net

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very Creative. TFS

    Karen C

    http://emptynestboutique.blogspot.com
    emptynestboutique at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love your project. I just became a follower
    Sylvia
    S.solorio88@gmail.com
    Www.bellascrapbookdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your project is so adorable! I want it! My hubby would flip. I might have to scraplift it from you.

    ReplyDelete
  32. That is sooo cute!! :) Thanks for sharing :)
    Linda :)
    www.fancyframework.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a cute idea!
    I'm so glad I found you through this blog hop.
    I am now a follower.
    Thanks!
    Lisa H.
    lisastuf.blogspot.com
    lisastuf at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hands down the most creative craft on the hop! You did such a great job!! It was fun being on this blog hop with ya! Amy :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. I'm a new follower! Thanks for sharing your awesome project and the chance to win!

    sweetheartcopper at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  36. This is so cute- my have to lift the idea for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  37. That is absolutely fabulous!! :)

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  38. Your lucky topiary is just the cutest thing. Your husband is lucky to have you, too. Thanks for sharing and the chance to win. I am a new follower. patnbobcuddy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  39. I looooove this idea! The gold coins are such an awesome touch!
    TFS
    Theresa
    tmdettloff@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wow!! Just found your blog. Great stuff here!! TFS
    Off to check out the rest of the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Oops forgot to leave an email addy
    darlamcc at eastlink dot ca
    And I became a follower too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hi Patty, WOW great project and love all the details!! I'm sure you hubby will appreciate all the work you put into it for him:) Great job!!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love reading your awesome comments. Have a wonderful day!