Thursday, February 17, 2011

Whimsical Wednesday Challenge Entry...

It's been a while since I haven't been able to make a project due to school and work. Today, I was able to squeeze in some time to make a card for the Whimsical Wednesday Challenge @ http://www.alwayscrafting.com . You were asked to create anything using the colors that were in the photograph posted on her blog. This is what I came up with. It is a Thank You Card. I used the colors: Gray, Pink, Tan, Yellow. These are the colors I feel that I got from the picture. I used some flower chipboard to create some flowers. I used my flower stamp but only stamped the stem. Then I took some tan design paper and border punched it. I then placed a brown ruffled ribbon on the card. The ribbon is from Making Memories (I think, but I'll double check). Then I stamped it with the saying, "Thanks a bunch!" by INKADINKADO Company.





My Valentine Gift given by my BFF Mari! 
 
My wonderful BFF made this beautiful handmade card for me for Valentine's Day! She also loves to scrapbook and make handmade cards. She did some stitching on the card which I believe she did a great job. Inside my card was a handmade bookmark that she made for me. I love it very much. She knew I really needed a bookmark for my books. Thank you so much Mari for my wonderful gift. I know that you probably will be reading about this in my blog when you are at work. I will treasure this card and bookmark forever. Thank you best friend for everything. XOXO. I hope to get her started one day on making a blog so she can also show some of her creative projects that she has made. Here are a few photos of the gift she gave me. By the way, she also loved the card and mailbox I made for her.



6 comments:

  1. Hello Patti. Such a pretty card. I love your interpertation on the colors. Very nicely done. Thank you for joining in on the Whimsical Wednesday Challenge.

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card. I love the flowers they are adorable.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the flowers and the border!!! Very pretty Patty!!! Sweet friend you have:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really pretty! Love the chipboard flowers! Thanks so much for playing along at Whimsical Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty and I love the gift from your bestie how sweet!
    TFS~Raechel
    http://raechelscards.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there~ I think your card turned out so cute. I adore the flowers & how everything coordinated so well together. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love reading your awesome comments. Have a wonderful day!