Friday, February 18, 2011

Challenge Entries & Stylish Blogger Award

Hi! I hope everyone is having a good start to their weekend. Right now it's raining in Southern California. Today was a fun day. My husband, sister, and I headed out to the National History Museum and California Science Center in L.A. It was definitely fun to catch up on some great facts. Any whoo... after taking a long nap, I was ready to get my creativity on. LOL So I was cruising through the many blogs I follow to see what fun and exciting challenges are there. Here are 2 that I decided to work on today.

First challenge entry is for SEI Challenges with Abby #3. We were asked to create a project of our choice but must have the color pink. That was pretty easy for me since Pink is fun to work with and you can create many things with. I decided to make a Princess Birthday Card for my husband's little cousin named Jasmin who is turning 6 years old next week. Since I know that she loves Princesses, I decided to make this cute card for her. To learn more about this challenge, please visit their site @ http://www.scrapbookaholicbyabby.com/ . Entry is Due Feb. 27.
Receipe:
Everyday Paper Dolls Cartridge: Princess Size 3
Card: 4 x 5.5 Color Hot Pink
Light Pink Cardstock for second layer
Making Memories: Funky Vintage Trims (Green)
Stampin Up Stamp: Happy Birthday
Recollections: Princess Dimensional Stickers
A La Mode Pink Embossing Powder for the dress





Second Challenge is called "Material Girl" which can be found at http://www.gettingcricky.com/2011/02/challenge-stamping-material-girl.html . You are to make a project using a stamped type image and textile (ribbon, fabric, tulle, etc). Since a friend of mine celebrate her birthday this week, I decided to make this stylish card for her. I used a rubber stamp that I had used for a card earlier in one of my posts, but I cut out the dog that the girl is walking. Here is what I made:
Receipe:
Card: 3.5 x 5.5 Black Card Stock
Second Layer: Red Card Stock
Black Designed Ribbon (Michaels)
White Material (Can't remember the name of it)
Stampin Up Stamp: Happy Birthday
Birthday Wishes Stamp
Stamp: Girl with Dog (Cut dog out)
Making Memories: Autumn Splendor Trim
Red Spool Ribbon for Scarf




Last, but not least. I am honored to have received the Stylish Blogger Award for the second time.She is a wonderful and great person who's name is Ashley (cricut-crazed-lady). Thank you Ashley! I feel very honored because it makes me feel happy to see that you and many others enjoy visiting my blog and just supporting the projects I create. Please take the time to Visit Ashley's blog and become a follower. She is very creative. 

To accept this Stylish Blog Award, I must do the following:
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded me this award 2. Share 8 things about yourself 3. Pay it forward to 8 bloggers that you have recently discovered 4. Contact those bloggers and tell them about their awards.
 
 
Here are 8 more recently bloggers I have discovered. Please take a moment to visit their awesome blogs as you will discover the wonderful projects they have made. 

1. Veronica @ mommyscraftycreations
2. Debi @  dizzylizzyscreations
3. Yolie @ justyolie
4. Sher @ patternsbysher.blogspot.com
5. Janet @ zaeanidesigns
6. Dina @ mycricutrocks.blogspot
7. Vicki @ paperandprims.blogspot
8. Stephanie @ alwayscrafting

Here are 8 more things about me:
1) Studying to earn my Multiple Subject Teaching Credential!
2) I have a Masters in Special Emphasis in Education
3) I love using my Cricut!
4) I'm going to the Taping of The Ellen Show in March.
5) I have 2 cats.
6) I love my family which is very important to me.
7) I love finding good deals on Scrapbooking Materials.
8) My husband proposed to me almost 5 years ago at the Dolphin Interaction where we interacted with dolphins.


Thank you again everyone for visiting my blog and leaving sweet comments. 

Live... Laugh... Create....



9 comments:

  1. Congrats - I got one too - check out the 8 ladies I picked to blog ...http://madebyjacqueline.blogspot.com/2011/02/my-stylish-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Cute creations. I am inspired. Just started following your blog. Check out my blog and follow too. Thanks for sharing.

    Blessings,
    Carol

    http://3kidcropshop.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. cngrats! and Thank you so much I will add your name undermy blogger award and pick my 8! Have a great night! Dina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your award!!! Woo Hoo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oops forgot to comment on you lovely cards Patty!! love those cards very pretty!! Love the sparkly dress on the princess:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks girl for the award!!!! my very fist one! Keep up the great crafts! so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ok so im totally new to this and I don't get how am i supposed to link this award on my page please help!!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely LOVE this card--it is so unique and whimsical. All of the beads on her dress--just great details! Wow--so creative!
    Thank you so very much for playing along in my challenge at Getting Cricky--I hope you will play along in my newest ABC challenge for the chance to win the Pack Your Bags cartridge.

    Cricky Chirps & Hugs,
    K Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  9. great idea! teelayoung@hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love reading your awesome comments. Have a wonderful day!