Saturday, January 29, 2011

Cards bring a smile to people in such a sweet way!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend! Yesterday, hubby and I had a date night! It was nice spending the evening together after being sick for a week. Thanks for all who wish me a get well. Im feeling much better. Hugs to all! After spending the day cleaning and doing laundry today, I had some time to create some cards for some challenges that I wanted to participate! Then, its off for a girls night out. My friend's and I are heading out to a piano bar. It should be fun! Ok,well here is the first card I made for
http://cookingwithcricut.blogspot.com: challenge #15 Peachy Keen Sponsor. Since I dont have any Peachy Keen Stamps, I was still able to create a card following one of the sketches.
Recipe:
A2 blank white Card
Striped Paper, Dotted Paper
Card Stock: Yellow, Light Blue, Red, Blue
From My Kitchen Cartridge: Cupcake pg 61 Size 3 or 4
Studio Glitter Glue
Stampin Up Stamp: Happy Birthday
Birthday Wishes Stamp on the inside of card.


 
The second challenge that Im doing is at http://www.cricutcardzchallenge.blogspot.com/ where we are to make a Valentine's Day card for a child. I decided to make this cute card for my niece Briana! She is 7 years old and she loves to dress up in her princess dresses or just anything in general. I thought this card would be perfect for her because I know she loves to dance and I want to give this to her on Valentine's day! She is also my God Daughter!
Recipe:
Card: 4 x 5.5
Paper Doll Dress Up Cartridge: 
Body on Tan Card stock size 3
Dancer Outfit size 3 on Design paper
Grass Border Size 2
Fence Size 2
Sweethearts Cartridge: Balloons Size 1
Happy Valentine's Day Stamp
Inside of Card: "We share so many things, especially smiles" stamp
Beaded Glitter to create necklace, bracelets, and a ring
Pearls for the hair




15 comments:

  1. Patricia, both of your cards are adorable! You rocked Melin's card sketch! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Cooking With Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber-thank u! I thought this card was my favorite one of all!
    Jennifer- thank u! I was happy with the outcome! The sketch was so much fun to do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! how cute is she with her hair embellishments!!!! and OMG look at her jewelry so CUTE!!! Great job Patty
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops forgot to say thank you for stopping by and sharing your V-day story my first V-day with my new hubby then was a great one too:) Good luck on winning the twine Patty:)
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute cards!! Thanks for playing along with us at Cooking with Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love them! These cards are adorable! Thanks for hanging out with us this week at Cooking with cricut! See ya next week! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab cards! Love the sparkle on the cupcake! Thought you might be interested to know of another die cut challenge blog diecuttindivas.blogspot.com, I'd love to see you play along.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable cards ! Love colors, layers and how you glitter them.
    Thanks for share with us this week at CWC and good luck with our challenge.

    Have a great Monday ;-)
    http://mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE that cupcake card!!! So super cute!!

    Hugz,
    Ash

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks girls! I had fun making these cards!
    @Jess- Im definitely going to try out that diecut challenge! Thanks for letting me know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute cards.

    Thanks for playing along @ CCC.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great cards! Love, love, love your cupcakes! Thanks for playing with us at Cooking with Cricut :)
    - CWCDT www.txscrappermom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you are feeling better:) Hope your night out was fun!!! Your cards ROCK! Great job!! Love the cupcake. Looks yummy:) TFS and thanks for joining us at Cooking With Cricut this week.
    ~Madison CWDT www.funkycards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful card. The cupcake is gorgeous and the bling is fabulous!! Thank you for playing with us this week at Cooking With Cricut, we hope to see you back again soon :)

    michelle (CWC DT)
    http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love reading your awesome comments. Have a wonderful day!